Chapter 30: A Night To Remember

Having been in her room for well over three hours, Amy was thankful Courtney respected her boundaries and refrained from barging in on her,though it didn't stop her from knocking every hour on the hour to check up on her and make sure she was okay. As irritating as it was,Amy consistently reassured her that she was fine and that she be left alone. Since the quiet in her room was far too much to take, she had opted for putting on some depressing music.

The sound of Mariah Carey's sorrowful ballad, "Through The Rain," currently filled her room as she laid on her bed, curled up in the same position she'd been in before, hugging her teddy bear and crying softly to herself.

She thought about taking a shower or a bath but she was far too tired and depressed to get up, and it wasn't like she was going anywhere. The only thing she had gotten up to do was put on her music, take an Ativan and a couple puffs from her inhaler. While she was starting to get hungry, she was far too numb with pain to care. All she wanted to do was stay right where she was until she either fell asleep or her iPod play list stopped playing.

A few minutes later, as "Letting The Cables Sleep" by Bush started playing, a soft knock came at the door. Amy exhaled sharply, glancing over her shoulder at the digital clock on her nightstand.

It was only eight-thirty and Courtney was knocking already?

Sniffling softly, she looked over at the door."Courtney, I already told you like a half hour ago, I'm fi..."Her voice trailed off as the door came open and not Courtney but Andrew stepped inside. Quickly wiping the tears from her eyes,she turned over and sat up, gaping at him, "what are you doing here?"

 Quickly wiping the tears from her eyes,she turned over and sat up, gaping at him, "what are you doing here?"

"Courtney called me. You wouldn't come out of your room, she didn't know what else to do." He froze, as if noticing the damage done to her face and neck, and instantly crossing towards her, his forehead wrinkling in concern. "Oh, my god." He sat down beside heron the bed, gently brushing her hair away from her neck and examining the bruises that were forming there, a deep scowl crossing his face,"did that asshole do this to you?"

" He sat down beside heron the bed, gently brushing her hair away from her neck and examining the bruises that were forming there, a deep scowl crossing his face,"did that asshole do this to you?"

She looked down at her lap, a fresh new set of tears welling up in her eyes as she gently nodded her head. Sighing deeply, Andrew wrapped both of his arms around her shoulders, pulling her against him as she started sobbing loudly. Clinging to him like a tiny child, she buried her face in his shoulder, her body trembling with emotion. Holding her in his loving embrace, he let his hand rub up and down her side in a reassuring caress, softly hushing her as he leaned his cheek against the top of her head. As long as she was in his arms, she knew she was safe, that nothing and no one could harm her.