Chapter 36: Love, Pain & That "Other" Thing

"Amy?"

Stirring at the sound of her name, she exuded a weary groan and turned over in bed, her heart skipping a beat as the familiar voice came again.

"Amy? Wake up Angel."

Her eyes fluttered open, a bright smile crossing her face when she saw Zack standing at her bedside, holding a bouquet of long stemmed red roses. "Zack, hi."

"Hi sweetie," he glanced from her to Courtney, who stood to his left, "Michael called and told us you were awake, how are you feeling?"

She shifted in bed with another groan, rubbing at her eyes a second time. "I'm kinda groggy, tired and a little sore, but I'm starting to feel better."

"That's good. I'm glad to hear it. Honestly, you don't know how happy we are to see you awake."

"So is everyone else, I know." She looked over at Courtney, who stared at her with tears in her eyes. "Hey Court."

    "Hey," she murmured

"Hey," she murmured. "I'm so sorry all this happened to you and Andrew. That prick is going to rot in hell."

Amy gently nodded her head. "I hope so."

"Here, I brought these for you." Zack said, handing her the bouquet. "I know roses are your favorite."

     She took them, her heart warming, cheeks flushing bashfully

She took them, her heart warming, cheeks flushing bashfully. "Aww, thank you, Zack. You're so sweet." Lifting the flowers to her nose, her eyes fell shut as she deeply inhaled their sweet aroma. "I'll have to get Michael to put them in water for me."

"