Chapter 31: Sex, Bros and Rock N' Roll

With a weary groan, Andrew opened his eyes and turned his head, looking across the bed at Amy. She was lying on her side, her back facing him and from the sound of her deep and tranquil breathing, he knew she was still in the confides of her slumber. The corner of his mouth turned up in a smirk as his mind wandered back to the night before, everything he'd done, everything he'd given to her, and how happy it made him to see the smile on her face again.

Blinking a few times to adjust his eyes to the sunlight beating against the curtains, he turned over, leaned in and planted a tender kiss to her cheek. Glancing over at the clock on the nightstand, he realized it was a quarter to two in the afternoon. Knowing how much she loved her sleep and how exhausted she had been, she would probably be asleep for another hour. Sighing softly, he pressed another kiss to her bare shoulder before turning to get out of bed, deciding he'd let her sleep for the time being.

Slipping into the bathroom, he rolled back the shower door and reached inside to turn on the water. Sliding the promise ring off his finger, he looked down at it with a soft smile, hoping Amy would choose an inscription of her own for the inside of it, just as he had hers. It was part of the reason why he had bought one for himself. He wanted the ring to be a symbol of their love, something that would bind them as a true couple. Setting the ring down beside the sink, he turned and climbed into the shower, grabbing the Aussie shampoo and lathering up his hair. He stood under the warm and soothing spray for a few long seconds, his muscles relaxing as the water cascaded down over his firm pecs and slightly rippled abdomen.

When he decided to purchase the two of them promise rings, he knew the question would undoubtedly arise in her mind of whether or not he was proposing to her. Seeing the disappointment in her eyes weighed heavily on his heart, but he knew she appreciated the gift nonetheless. He hadn't lied to her when he suggested it might happen in the future, but he wasn't rushing into anything. Any man would be lucky to have her as his bride and so would he...just not right now. It was refreshing just to have a serious relationship especially being that it was new territory for him, but marriage was something that would take a lot of getting used to. He wasn't even sure if he was the marrying type.

Grabbing the bar soap from the shelf, he began soaping up the rest of his body, wishing Amy had been awake and volunteered to join him. He certainly wouldn't mind going for round two right there and then. In fact, he'd love it. It had been a long time since he'd had shower sex. Maybe some other time. Maybe even later that evening, if he was lucky.

Fifteen minutes later, he finished his shower, turned off the spray and stepped out, grabbing a towel to dry himself off. He grabbed another towel, vigorously rubbing it against his hair. Grabbing his ring from the sink, he slipped it on the ring finger of his right hand and stepped out of the bathroom. He wasn't surprised to find Amy still asleep, in the same position she'd been in before. Padding naked across the room to his chest of drawers, he quietly opened the top drawer and pulled out a clean pair of black boxer briefs, stepping into and pulling them on. He was about to climb back into bed with her when he heard an audible knock on his apartment door.

He cringed, hoping the sound hadn't woken her and quickly crossed the room, sliding the closet door open and grabbing a clean pair of jeans, glancing over at her as he quickly pulled them on. She stirred for a few long seconds then settled in again. Letting out a sigh he hadn't realized he was holding in, he snatched a random grey shirt from a hanger and quietly slipped out of his bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

A second knock came at the apartment door as he strode towards it, slipping the sleeveless shirt over his head on his way there. Without so much as bothering to look through the peephole, he pulled the door open and saw Jason and Max standing there. Max had a guitar case over his right shoulder and a snare drum in his hands while Jason carried a bass drum and crash cymbal. He mentally cursed Ryan, knowing his friend hadn't done his job and forgot to tell them.