1|A Long Ride

1|A Long Ride

The Golden Trio arrived at Kings Cross Station and went to Platform 9 ¾. Everyone greeted them. After being in a war 5 months ago, most of the wizards are left with scars. Hermione however tried her best to cope with the stress. Her friends need her so she need to be strong especially Ron who lost a brother during the war.

“Let’s go find a compartment, Hermione.” Harry said as they passed by hundreds of wizards.
She nodded in agreement and followed the boys until they found a compartment.

“It’s good to be back in Hogwarts.” Ron said to his friends.

“Yes, it is. We have our NEWTS this year so we need to study hard.” Hermione said.

“Bloody Hell, Hermione! Harry and I are already qualified for auror training. We only came back here because of your request.” Ron exclaimed.

It was true, Hermione wants to graduate in Hogwarts and become a healer so she looks forward to her 8th year in Hogwarts.

“Anyone we know who came back?” Harry asked.

But before anyone could answer, they heard a loud, "Anything from the trolley?”

They heard it a lot more times until it came in front of their compartment.

“Anything from the trolley dear?” asked the old lady.

“I’ll have treacle tart and um Chocolate frogs please.” Harry said and handed the old lady some galleons and sickles.

The trolley left as Harry handed Ron the Chocolate Frogs.

“I know you like them.” Harry said.

“Bloody Hell, Harry! I don’t like them. I love them!” Ron exclaimed and started eating.

Harry and Hermione exchanged looks and they both laughed.

“Hermione, won’t you eat anything?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, I forgot to buy something for myself. I’ve got to catch the trolley.” Hermione said and left the compartment.

After a few minutes, she finally found the trolley.

“Some Pumpkin Pasties, Please.” She said politely.

“Here you go dear.”

She turned around but then she bumped into someone.

“Ow.” She exclaimed in pain.

“Watch where you’re going, Granger.”

She looked up and saw Malfoy smirking at her.

She threw a disgusting look at him and then walked back to their compartment.

“Hey, where’s Ron?” She asked as soon as she went inside their compartment.

“He’s with Lavender.” Harry replied coolly.

“What?” she shouted.

“They have been exchanging letters all summer, Hermione.”

“What?”

“Yes, Lavender also visited him in the Burrow.”

A tear rolled down her cheek.

“I thought he was waiting for me while I was restoring the memories of my parents. But I was wrong.” She cried.

“Hermione, relax."

After a few more tears, Hermione fell asleep in Harry’s arms and he let her. He knew how much stress she is handling now, just because of his best friend.

“Someday, Ron will realize that you two are meant to be.” Harry whispered to Hermione.
***

“Hermione, wake up! We’re arrived.” Harry said.

She woke up and realized that she is still in her muggle outfit.

“Oh no! I forgot to get dressed.” she exclaimed.

“Don’t worry. I’ll wait for you outside.” He answered.

She closed the door and began changing her clothes. After a while, she walked outside and faced Harry.

‘Harry, where is Ron?” she asked.

“Already in the castle, I think.

Let’s go.” He replied.

Both of them walked out of the Hogwarts Express and into the carriages. Luckily, they arrived just in time for the last carriage.

“Look whose here. Potter and his sidekick mudblood.”

“Shove off Malfoy!” Harry exclaimed which quickly shut him up since he got no friends behind his back this time.

Harry and Hermione climbed the carriage while looking at the thestrals.

“You can see them too?” Malfoy asked.

“Of course we can. Most of us now do.” Hermione replied quickly.

Malfoy scowled at her and muttered something like,”know-it-all.”

“It’s going to be a long ride to Hogwarts.” Hermione thought.