11|The Break Up

11|The Break up

"You don't need to do that, Draco." 

"Why not? You're head over heels with him for many years. The least I can do is to  help you with him." 

"But i'm not in love with him now."

"Stop denying, Granger."

"Fine, I admit it.  But I'm moving on, he loves me as a friend only."

"He loves you more than a friend, he just doesn't realize it yet." 

"Thank you so much for this, Draco." 
***
Hermione woke up very early on a Saturday Morning due to the loud shrieking of Lavender Brown. She was crying in one of the bed in the girl's dormitory surrounded by their fellow Gryffindors. 

"What's happening?" She asked one of the girls surrounding Lavender.

"She's been rambling about Weasley. I guess they broke up already." The girl answered.

After hearing what the girl said, she walked closer to where Lavender is.

"Lavender? Why did you break up?" She comforted her.

"He... I don't... know." She answered between sobs.

After comforting Lavender along with the rest of the girls, she finally have the chance to go downstairs and talk to her best friends.

She found them on the way through the great hall.

"Hi Harry, Ron." She greeted them.

"Hi, 'mione." The two boys chorused.

Together, they walked towards the great hall and when they sat down, Hermione saw this as the right time to bring up the topic she's been dreading to talk about since early this morning.

"So, I heard you broke up with Lavender, Ron." She started.

"How did you know? We  broke early this morning and you already know?" Ron asked confused.

"Well, Lavender might have woken up the whole girl's dormitory due to her shrieking." Hermione said.

"What?" Ron shouted and it caused some attention from the crowd.

"Shh. What do you except from Lavender?" Harry said.

They all chuckled at this.

"Why, Ron?" Hermione asked.
"Why what?"

"Don't play dumb with me. Why did you broke up with Lavender?" Hermione asked again, this time more seriously.

"She cheated on me." Ron confessed leaving Hermione speechless.

"I saw her last night snogging a boy in the corridor,  and then she called me this morning to tell me something which I don't know because I broke up with her first." Ron added.

"You did the right thing, mate." Harry said.
***
Hermione impatiently paced around the room of requirement as the clock strokes 12. Then out of nowhere, the door opened.

"You're late." she said. "I told you to meet me here 11:00 but it's already midnight."

"I'm sorry. I had to get rid of someone or else she will follow me all the way through here." 

"You have to get rid of a girl?" She asked curiously.

"Girl? What girl?"
"You said that she will follow you all the way through here." 

"Right. You are indeed the smartest witch of our age."

"So, I am right." 

"Yeah." He confirmed.

"Why did you call me here?" He added.

"Are you the one that caused the breakup of Ron and Lavender?" 

"No. They broke up?"

"Stop the act, Draco.  I know that you know already."

"I have heard something about it this afternoon."

"Answer my question. Are you the reason behind it?" 

"No." This was his answer, but you can never be sure if a Malfoy is telling the truth or not.