17|Moving on

17|Moving on

“Stay away from her.” He commanded.

“You had your chance, weasel. Now it’s my turn. She deserves to be happy.” Draco said.

“Oh, so you think she will be happy with a death-eater like you?”

“She will be.” Draco answered and walked out of the room.
***

After everything that happened, Hermione focused on her studies and Draco was always following her like a body guard in case Ron decided to come near her.

She doesn’t mind though, in fact, she is very grateful that Draco is around because he is the only one she can talk to. He is the only one that truly understands what she feels.

“Draco, I’m going back to the Gryffindor Tower now, it’s nearly time for curfew.”

Hermione said. They are in the library studying for the exam.

“Okay, I’ll accompany you.” He said and gathered all his things like Hermione did a while ago.

“No, it’s okay. It will be past curfew the time you go to the Slytherin’s dormitory if you will go to my dormitory first.”  

“It’s alright. I’ll be careful not to get caught. At least I know that you’re safe.”

After a few more argues, Hermione gave up and let Draco accompany her to the Gryffindor tower. It was silent at first, but then things started heating up.

“Stop doing this, Draco.”

“Stop doing what?” He asked.

“Stop caring for me. Stop liking me. Stop walking by my side every day. Stop studying with me. Stop if you are already tired.” She blurted out.

“I’m doing this, Granger, because I want to. And I am not getting tired any time.”

“Well, you will get tired sooner or later.” She answered silently.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m not ready to love anyone yet. I don’t even know if I can ever love again. Not after this.”

“It’s okay. I’m not asking for you to Love me. All I want for you is that you give yourself another chance. You’re still moving on and you’ll get there.”

“It hurts. It hurts so much.” She cried.

“All these painful things will disappear in the end and it will be just memories that will keep you stronger.” He said.

“You know too much of things. Did you ever have a serious girlfriend before?” She said to ease the tension.

“You have no idea, Granger.”
***

After a while, they arrived at the Gryffindor Tower and it was time for goodbyes.

“Thank you, Draco. Thank you for accompanying me up to here even if you have to get past curfew.” She exclaimed.

“No problem.”

Hermione was about to enter the door when Draco called for her another time.

“Hey Granger!”

“Yes?

“I will always be right here in your side and I will never ever get tired. I promise that.” He said. It took Hermione seconds to progress what he was talking about but he was already walking away.

“People always make promises they can’t keep.” Hermione thought.