3|Tears and Rain

3| Tears and Rain

The first week of school has been extremely busy for everyone in their 8th year. Hermione kept telling Ron and Harry to go with her to the library however, they became too busy with their girlfriends.

It was Friday and after classes, Hermione went straight to the library to study and away from Ron and Lavender. It hurts her so much. It still does.

She took her copy of Hogwarts, A History and started reading in her favourite seat.

After reading, she got up, packed her things and walked outside but she got bumped into someone.

“You know Granger, I think you have a habit of bumping into me.” He said then smirked.

“It was an accident Malfoy.” She exclaimed with annoyance in her voice.

“You seem to like it.” he teased her.

“No, I do not! Why would I like bumping into a dumbass jerk and a death eater like you?” she shouted and ran towards the Gryffindor tower leaving Malfoy.

She whispered the password and the fat lady politely let her in and what she saw is the cherry on top of everything that happened.

“Oh get a room you two!!!” she shouted as Ron and Lavender stopped their snogging session.

“Whatever mudblood! You’re just jealous of me and my won-won.”

“I am not jealous!” Hermione exclaimed.

“Don’t fool me! You stole won-won from me years ago and I will not let it happen again.” Lavender shouted.

“Hermione, I think it’s best if you leave.” Ron said.

“Taking sides are we now?” Hermione said trying to hold back her tears.

“She’s my girlfriend! What do you expect me to do?”

“But I’m your… friend.” She trailed off at the end thinking,’are we even friends?’.

“And it will stay that way.” Lavender said.

She went out again to hide her tears. She found a place to sit down near the black lake and then she cried and cried.

After a while, it started to rain but she doesn’t care anymore.

“You might get sick.” She heard a familiar voice as she felt someone put a cloak on her.

She turned around and saw a wet platinum blonde hair.

“Malfoy?”

“Who else would it be?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I should ask you the same thing.”

“I’m thinking.” She replied.

“In the rain?”

“Um Yes. It helps me think.” She lied.

“Or it helps you hide your tears.” Malfoy said as a smirk appeared in his face.

“You should leave, Malfoy. Is it bad for your image to be with a filthy mudblood like me?”

“For your information, this is my spot.”

“I was here first.” Hermione exclaimed.

“Excuse me Granger, but this spot is big enough for the two of us.” He said mimicking what Hermione said to him earlier.

They sat there for hours until they both fell asleep.

When she woke up, she was still wearing Malfoy’s cloak but there was no sight of him anywhere.

“It must be 2:00 in the morning.” Hermione thought as she walked towards the castle and into the Gryffindor tower.