8|trust

8|Trust

To be honest, she was a bit disappointed when no one ran after her when she ran away.

After a few minutes, she found herself walking through the dungeons towards the Slytherin Common Room. It’s the first thing that came into her mind.

But as soon as she arrived at the entrance, she realised that she didn’t know the password so she decided to wait for someone.

“Well, what are you doing here?” She looked at the person and recognised him immediately. It was Blaise Zabini. He is in the same batch as her and a close friend of Malfoy.

“Um, I need to see Malfoy.” She replied politely. She doesn’t want another fight after the last one.

“Sorry but I think it’s a bad idea because you see, I don’t really mind about your blood status but Draco, he-“ He said coolly but he was interrupted when the door opened.

“Neither do I.” Malfoy smirked towards Blaise and faced Hermione.

“Have you changed your mind, already?” He asked.

“Wait. What is happening here?” Blaise asked looking utterly confused.

But Malfoy was not in the mood to answer his question because he quickly dragged Hermione out of the place and into the room of requirement.

“Okay, tell me what happened.” He said seriously as soon as they entered the ROR.

“What do you mean what happened?” She lied.

“I’m not dumb, Granger. It’s obvious that you have been crying and last time I checked, you didn’t need my help.” He smirked.

“Ugh fine. I had a fight with Harry and Ron. They took the side of their girlfriends.” She said bitterly.

“See? I knew you needed my help.” He said as if he won a lottery.

“Okay fine. I admit it. I need your help to get my friends back.” She confessed.

“You know, you could talk to them but it’s boring and there is no assurance that they will not do it again. You have to show them what they’re missing without you.” He said.

“How am I going to do that?”

“Don’t worry, you have me. You don’t need to worry a thing. Consider this mission a success.” He said proudly.

“Are you sure? I really want to have my friends back. Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe I shouldn’t take your offer.” She admitted.

“Granger, you have to trust me this time. Consider this as my apology for being mean to you for many years.” He said and then smiled.

Draco Malfoy just smiled to her. Not the usual smirk.

“I’m not really sure about the trust thing but there’s no harm in accepting your offer, right?”

“You’ll trust me sooner or later, Granger. I’ll make you trust me. And you are also right, things are already bad, I can’t possibly make it worst.” He replied.

“Also, it took you long enough to accept my help. You know, most girls are practically throwing themselves at me whenever I speak to them.” He joked to ease the tension.

Hermione laughed,” Well, I’m not like those typical girls.”

“Well, of course you aren’t. You’re special. ” Draco thought but those words never came out of his mouth.