15|Over Protective Boyfriend

“Um, it’s a girl’s thing.” She lied and Ginny nodded.

“No keeping secrets, right Hermione? “Ron asked.

“No, there’s no secret at all.” She lied again.

“Alright, let’s not go back to the great hall since I think dinner is finished just a moment ago.” Ron said.

“Yeah, let’s play chess, Ron.” It was Harry.

“Good, so Hermione and I have to finish some homework.”

Ginny said and dragged her towards the girl’s dormitory.

“So, when are you planning to tell them?”

“I don’t know exactly but when I’m ready.”

“Well, if you can endure lying to them for a while then that’s good.” Ginny said and began doing her homework.
***

For the week, Hermione avoided Malfoy since Ron and Harry are getting suspicious but Malfoy is not helping. Four days after Hermione sent the message, he cornered Hermione in one of the closets in the hallway.

“Malfoy! What are you doing? We could get caught!” She hissed.

“We are not doing bad things here, Granger. I just wanted to ask you some question.” He said

“I explained it to you in the message, remember?”

“Tell me how did seven words explain everything that happened?”

“Seven words are enough, Malfoy. I gave you the general idea already.”

“Exactly, you gave me the general idea and I want a specific one.”

“They saw me meeting up with you in the room of requirement.” She blurted out.

“What else did they see?” he asked but as soon as he said the last word, the door of the closet burst open.

“What the hell? Hermione, what are you doing with Malfoy in a broom closet?” Harry asked her.

“Malfoy, I told you that I don’t want to tutor you.” She exclaimed.

Draco must have got the signal since he played along as well. “Granger, please I need to get my grades high.”

“Ferret, she already said no and that means no!” Ron shouted towards Draco and grabbed Hermione by the arm. “Let’s go”

Once they arrived in the Gryffindor tower, Harry left the two lovebirds and went to find Ginny.

“Thank you for saving me from Malfoy.” She said to stop the awkward silence that surrounds them.

“No problem, I’m your boyfriend and I have to act like one.”

“I’m lucky to have you.”

“Just promise me that you’ll stay away from the ferret.”

“About that. Actually, he has been nice to me lately.”

Ron frowned. “That’s because he wanted you to tutor him. He’s been bribing you. Just stay away from him.”

“Now you’re being an over protective boyfriend.” She exclaimed.

“At least you are mine.”

“I was always yours but you were somebody else’s.”

“It took me a long time to realise what I feel for you, ‘mione.” He confessed.

“You said it like it’s not so obvious.” She joked.

“I’m sorry it took so long but I know I love you.” He said.

“It’s all empty words you know, you have to prove it.”

And with that, he leaned closer to her until their lips met.

“So, is that enough to prove how much I love you?” He said as soon as he pulled away from the kiss.

“Just a little.” She replied.