25|Painful Things

25| Painful Things

Everything is so surreal to Hermione now as she look back at the castle with Draco holding her hands.

“I can’t believe it’s our last year here in Hogwarts!” She exclaimed.

“And it’s the best year of all.”

“And why is that?”

“Because we found love this year.” She chuckled at what he said.

“What?” He asked.

“I love you.” She whispered to his ears.

“I love you too.”

And together, they took a last look at the castle and entered the Hogwarts Express.
***

“I want you to have this Draco.” She said as she stood up from where the both of them were sitting and took out her copy of ‘Hogwarts, a History’

“And why is that?” He asked but nevertheless, he took the book out of Hermione’s hand.

“Because I already have some of your things but you don’t have any of mine.” She explained.

“What are those things? May I ask?” He asked smirking.

“Well, I have the potions book you gave me and I also have your cloak”

He pulled her closer to him and whispered,”I didn’t know you kept it.”

She just laughed.

“All of this couldn’t have happened if you didn’t bump into me multiple times.” He said and laughed.

“Oh no. This couldn’t have happened if you didn’t offer your help.” She defended herself. 

“You’re wrong, Hermione. This couldn’t have happened if you didn’t seduce me with green apples.” And they both laughed at Draco’s statement.

“I have to tell you something.” He added.

“What is it?”

“I was indirectly the reason why Ron and Lavender first broke up.” He confessed.

“What? You said you were not the reason!” She exclaimed.

“I was not. Not directly atleast. Ginny asked me a favour to help break the two up and since I thought that it would also help you, I just agreed on it. And I asked Blaise to snog Lavender in front of Weasel. And Lavender just went along with the kiss. She even enjoyed the kiss so it was not entirely my fault.” He blurted out.

“And is the girl you have to get rid of before you came to meet me that night was Ginny?”

“Yeah. She wanted to ask me a lot of questions.” He answered.

“And is this the favour she had to return on you?”

“Yes.” He replied.

“I can’t believe you two were doing business behind my back. I didn’t even suspect a thing.” She exclaimed.

“It doesn’t matter now. Because what matters is us.” He said softly and kissed her.

Draco was the first to pull back.

“You know what, Hermione?”

“What?”

“All of this couldn’t have happened if it weren’t for the painful things we’ve been through.”

END