18|Not Ready

18| Not Ready

***
"Hermione dear, the library is closing now. You can finish your book in your common room."
The librarian, Madam Pince said.

"Can I stay just a little bit longer? Please?" She begged.

"I'm sorry but I already gave you extra time. You can come back tomorrow." And with that, she hesitantly throwed her books into her bag and walked out the library.

The library has been her friend since 3 weeks ago. It's a month before the final exams when Hermione decided to study.

No one was surprised since it was the typical Hermione but they didn't know how much good it brought to her.

She still has to finish an essay that night but she knew she wouldn't be able to finish it in the Gryffindor tower and she was right.

For as she entered into the common room, two couples are snogging the daylights out of each other. It was Ginny and Harry and Ron and Lavender.

She pushed the idea of finishing the essay out of her mind and began walking towards the girl's dormitory trying not to catch the attention of her friends.

"Hermione!" Harry called her. She sighed.

Harry and Ginny has been trying to squeeze the truth out of Ron but he isn't talking so instead, they turned to Hermione. But she wasn't in any mood to tell them every detail. They just know that she and Ron broke up, and she wants it to stay that way.

"Harry, I'm tired. Goodnight." She said and hurriedly walked to her room.

***
The next morning, she went into her potions class rather happily due to a very good sleep.

However, her smile became a frown as the Slytherins entered and Draco Malfoy sat beside her.

"Good Morning." He greeted and she just smiled at him.

Don't get her wrong, she likes having Draco around. It's just that she is afraid that he might expect too much from her. The truth is, she felt something small for Draco at first but after the heartbreak, she believes that she is not ready to love again. It's just too painful.

"So, are you free this evening?" He asked.

"Um. No. I have to study."
"Right. Exams." He said and continued taking down notes.

Exams. It is what she usually says everytime Draco ask her. She just thinks she needs a little more time with herself. She knew she is hurting Draco but she needs this now.
***

After dinner, she proceeded to the library again to finish her remaining homeworks for the week.

Everything was as usual when she entered the library except for one. Draco Malfoy I seating in her usual spot. She knew right away that she couldn't finish her homework tonight.

And she was right.