22|Don't Tell Me He Didn't

22|Don’t Tell Me He Didn’t

After a few minutes, Harry left the two of them at the room of requirement saying something about ‘having to finish a bloody homework’.

“So…”Ginny started.

“So what?”

“So do you like Malfoy? I know he’s deeply inlove with you.” Her friend stated calmly.

“How did you know that?”

“Come on, Hermione. I’m not dumb enough to think that Draco went through all that trouble just because you’re his friend.”

“Well, you sure knows a lot” Hermione confessed.

“So, he already told you directly?”

“What do you mean by ‘directly’?” She asked.

“I mean that he spoke through words. Not only through actions.” Ginny explained.

“Um yeah.” She said trying to remember exactly what he had said to her.

I’ll catch you when you fall.

When I’m with you, I’m always this high.

I will always be right here in your side and I will never ever get tired. I promise that.

She knew there was more of it but she couldn’t remember.

“So, answer my first question. Do you like Malfoy?"

“No.” She firmly reply.

Ginny was about to believe what she just said because of how firm her voice was but what she said next completely changed what Ginny believed in.

“I love him.”
***

After avoiding Draco for the rest of the day, she finally had a peaceful time to read. Why is she avoiding him? Simple. She’s afraid. Not because she’s afraid Draco will not return his feelings-she knows he loves her-but because she’s afraid of what consequences it may bring.

Hermione learned one more thing today.

It is very hard to tell someone you love him even though you already know that he loves you.

And the fact that she is literally avoiding him all afternoon didn’t help her decide properly whether she should confess to him or not.

She actually took the long way towards the Gryffindor tower after dinner because he was standing in one of the halls she usually pass through on her way.

Pushing all these thoughts aside, she focused herself more into the book she was reading.

It’s a potion book. The very same one that she wanted to buy in Hogsmeade. The same one she begged Draco for. The same one he gave to her along with a letter. She smiled at that thought.

“Hey, mione!” Ginny’s voice brought her back to reality.

“Hi, Gin.” She greeted back.

“How’s the new girlfriend of Draco Malfoy?” Ginny grinned.

“What?” She asked completely surprised.

“Don’t tell me he didn’t-“ Ginny said but was quickly cut off by Hermione.

“He didn’t what?” She asked curiously.

“Oh nothing.”

“Tell me, Ginny. Now.”She demanded.

“Um. Don’t tell me he didn’t-um-notice it?” Her friend said.

“Am I that obvious?” Hermione asked even though she didn’t completely believe that that was the question Ginny was supposed to ask.

“Not really. I just know you well enough.”

“Oh good then.” She smiled.

“Well, I better go now.” Ginny excused herself.

Hermione expected her to go back upstairs to the dormitory but she headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“Out.”

“What are you doing?”

“Just meeting up with Harry.” Ginny replied.

“Oh. Be safe then.”

And then she continued reading.
Actually, she wasn’t reading at all. The words never registered into her head. She was simply staring at the book whilst thinking about something. Or rather someone.

“When will things ever fall into place?” She said to herself.

Apparantly, someone else heard it too.

“Never. If you don’t throw it into place, that is.”

“Good evening, Harry.” She said.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked.

“Everything that I told you and Ginny earlier.”

“Or that thing that you didn’t tell us?” Harry said leaving

Hermione’s face red as a tomato.
“You also know?”

“Well, you are my bestfriend and Ginny is my girlfriend. And you know Ginny. She tells me mostly everything. Also, it’s quite obvious that ferret loves you, you know. And I know you feel something for him too even if you don’t tell me.” He said and Hermione’s face grew redder.

“That reminds me, aren’t you meeting with Ginny?”She decided to change the topic.

“Why would I meet her? She’s asleep and she doesn’t want anyone to wake her up whilst she is sleeping.”

And then curiousity surrounded her, Ginny Weasley, her bestfriend lied to her.
***