Killing Edward

Please give feedback :)

I wrote this chapter, but check out my co-writer AnnaxLove

This song is about heroin btw among other things, I thoght it fitting. I like this version better than the 9 inch nails version.

---------------That's Elizabeth crying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand in hand, Elizabeth and Edward strolled back towards the house after their afternoon walk. I narrowed my eyes at them, imagining how I would get Edward out of the way while at the same time getting Elizabeth under my control. It had come to my mind as I had been staring at the ketamine bottle in my kitchen drawer.

But I wanted to make sure he was actually dead, I couldn’t allow for the possibility that he doesn’t drown and gets taken to a hospital and drug tested. Then I would be screwed and most likely spend the rest of my life in prison. 

With a smile, I put on the hot mitts and pulled the pan of muffins out of the hot oven and set them on the counter. Humming happily I put a few on a plate, being sure to position the special one right over a little design on the plate so I could remember which one it was. The muffins were blueberry…At least most of them were.

They reached the door and I quickly tossed the leaves and berries into the trashcan before they saw it. I couldn’t take the chance that one of them might recognize the plant. When they opened the door and walked in I had a huge smile on my face and gestured to the table, “Have a seat, I made some muffins for you guys to have before your swim.”

Elizabeth grinned at me and pulled her husband to the table, “I Love me some muffins!” She exclaimed, licking her lips eagerly. I grabbed the tiny plates and the muffin plate and walked over to the table, setting them down on the opposite end to prevent grabbing.

As they chatted with each other I put muffins on each plate, being sure that the correct muffin was on the plate for Edward. I set the plates in front of them, “Why don’t you eat these on the docks?” I offered, and inwardly danced when they agreed.  

I watched them walk down the lake eating muffins, he’d take the special one and eaten it right away so I knew it would be taking effect soon. I almost laughed out loud when he stripped of his shirt and dove into the water…. Perfect! It was going as planned.

I was a bit sad that there would be no blood this time but I needed help to get Tyler and Edward was in my way. Edward has swum about 40 feet away from the dock where Elizabeth was sitting with her feet dangling in the water.

“It’s like I told him what to do…” I hissed, elated at how this was playing out. Then it happened, I heard a shout and saw Edward thrashing around and then I saw him stop moving and sink underwater. Elizabeth screamed and dove in the water, trying to reach her husband’s body.

Laughter bubbled in my throated and I couldn’t help but let it fill the house.  I saw that she was swimming back towing his body, and I could faintly hear her shrieks for help. But I needed to wait a couple more minutes…. Elizabeth had to believe it when I hint that it was her fault that he died. She needed to feel like she killed him. Otherwise I would be screwed.

She started administering CPR but I knew it was useless. He was dead. Eating a few Deadly Nightshade berries would do that to a person. Finally it was time; I composed my face into a look of horror and then ran screaming out of the door and down the path towards the docks.

Elizabeth looked up at me with a look of horror and sadness and to my pleasure, guilt. I reached her side and threw myself down on the ground next to his lifeless body.

A flash of my daughter’s dead body came into my mind and for a second I was filled with self-loathing, how could I do this to someone? Then I thought of Tyler’s face and those feelings disappeared and were replaced by satisfaction, sometimes the life of one must be sacrificed for the good of many, I had no doubt that Tyler had raped before me and would undoubtedly do it again.

He had to die.

“What happened?” I gasped out, filling my tone with the appropriate amount of horror. She moaned and rubbed his cheek with her hand and sniffed, not really caring about the snot that was running down from her nose.

“He’s dead! I tried to reach him but I didn’t!” Elizabeth cried, wrapping her arms around his body and hugging it close. I remembered when I’d done that with my own daughter and again, almost wished I hadn’t done it.

“You couldn’t revive him? Don’t you know the basics of CPR?” I asked, adding a bit of reproach to my tone.

My barb hit the mark, her face crumpled even more and she started rocking back and forth, “It’s my fault… I killed him!” She moaned, and I almost fist pumped the air in my glee.

“We have to hide the body.” I said flatly, and wasn’t surprised by her snapping her head up to look at me with confusion and anger.

“Why the hell would we do that?” She hissed, jumping to her feet and towering over me.

I suppressed a smirk, “You most likely broke his ribs when you were pushing his chest and punctured a lung, otherwise he’d be alive right now.” Not a complete lie, at least the ribs breaking part but I didn’t know if one could puncture the lung. But as I’d predicted she didn’t know that and she fell to the ground and grabbed my arm with a tight grip.

“I really did kill him didn’t I?” She whispered, leaning her head against my shoulder. I wordlessly wrapped my arms around her thin body and held her to my chest and let her cry. I finally let my smile out because she couldn’t see my face. I glanced down at the body next to us and pushed her away.

“We need to hide this before anyone comes.” I told her softly, and she sniffed and nodded weakly.

We carried his body to the shed and set it on the slab. Then we went into the house where I prepared her some black coffee, for her nerves. She didn’t see me slip a half dose of ketamine into it, she was too busy sobbing and screaming out her husband’s name. The coffee was black enough that I figured it would cover the taste, and it’s not like she’d pay attention to anything but her pain anyways.

“Drink.” I ordered, and was pleased to see her down it quickly. After a few minutes her eyes drooped and her words became unintelligible. I dragged her to the small door under the stairs and opened it. Carefully I maneuvered her moaning body down the stairs and onto the little bed I’d made that morning. Gently I set her body on it, covering it with the quilt.

Then I pulled the needle full of heroin and injected it into her arm at the crook of the elbow. She twitched but didn’t give any other movement. I stepped back; soon she’d be addicted to it and also filled with guilt… I figured I’d be able to use her however I liked within a couple weeks.

“Game on.” I said before I closed the door to the basement, my voice echoed in the dark, bouncing off the walls and stopping abruptly when I gently closed the door.