Chapter 10 | Safety

Two updates in one day! I'm actually pretty proud of myself. It usually takes me two weeks to finish 1 chapter. As always, feedback is very appreciated! I like it to hear opinions. Then I know what I have to work on more. I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Asami was still pulling at the collar, now with both hands, the two men tried to get her to let go, which was harder than they thought. Even when the guy who intended to go upstairs dug his nails into her arms, she didn't let go.

While Asami kept tugging at the shirt, she also tried to kick the man who was trying to pull her away from his comrade, but it was hard to get a solid and hard kick when he was standing so close to her.

''Kouta!'' She yelled, giving the collar another hard haul. ''Hide!''

She didn't receive a verbal response, but hearing his little footsteps relieved her. She wasn't sure if she could hold them off much longer. With no weapons and no opportunities to perform a jutsu because both her hands were already busy enough with just trying to hold the man back, she couldn't do more than this.

And she hated it.

She woman grunted in pain when she pulled the kunai out of her leg and held it tightly in her hand. Asami started to panic even more when she saw the woman stand up, using the wall as support. Knowing that she'd be headed her way, Asami began to struggle harder, desperately kicking the man's legs and violently pulling at the collar, but that wasn't enough to stop them.

Asami gritted her teeth and kicked the feet of the man that was standing behind her, holding her back. She hissed when she felt her heel throb. It wasn't only painful for the man who was wearing sandals, but also for Asami herself.

Angered by her action, the man balled his fist and punched Asami in the stomach. Due to shock, she accidentally let go of the man's collar and started having a coughing fit. The other man let her go and Asami fell to the ground. Her eyes widened when she noticed one of the men heading to the stairs, and she attempted to stand up but was kicked back to the ground. Alarmed, she looked up, only to see that the man was already out of her sight. ''Kouta! Watch ou-''

Asami cried when the sole of the man's sandal hit her face. She gasped for air and started coughing again. It hurt, and she felt a warm, thick liquid streaming down her chin. When she brought her hand to her face to wipe the blood, she noticed how much she was trembling.

She was terrified of what would happen now.

If they got Kouta, it'd mean defeat for her. These people knew very well they could threaten her, making her give up. They could make her do anything, as long as they had her child in their possession.

But as long as that wasn't the case, Asami still had a reason to fight.

She knew that the man wouldn't do anything as long as she kept lying on the ground. He had been hesitant and careful this whole time. It was obvious that they, at least this man and the one who went upstairs as well, didn't come here to fight.

They came here to capture

Asami waited until the woman had hobbled over to her comrade. While the man wasn't ready to fight or to kill, the woman sure was. ''We need to get rid of her.'' Asami heard her say.

''That isn't the plan.'' The man replied. ''We agreed to hold them hostage, not to kill them.''

''She killed Hiroto!'' The woman exclaimed. ''Why should we show her mercy while she'd kill us without thinking twice?''

''I don't care about Hiroto! He tried to kill her first.'' The man grunted, clearly annoyed by what Asami previously thought was his comrade. ''You better not forget the deal we made like he did. We came here for the Uchiha and his eyes. Even if this woman isn't one, we're taking her hostage as well.''