VidCon

1

"Erica hurry! We've got to make the video now!" Beth called to me. Bethany is my sister. We're identical twins and we are both YouTubers, although Bethany is a lot more popular than me.. But it's not the first time.

"I'm coming, Beth! I've got to make sure I look nice!" I yelled from the bathroom. I was attempting to make my makeup look decent, but it seemed impossible. I didn't know much, but it wasn't essential for me to know much about makeup... I wasn't a beauty guru anyways. I was a vlogger and I just did kind of stupid videos and had a small fanbase... I didn't have a lot of fans but I still loved them and I continued to make videos because I enjoyed it. 

"But Er, you always look gorgeous," Beth said, appearing in the doorway. I looked into her sad, brown eyes, flashing a grin.

"Beth, you know that's not what I meant. C'mon now, don't cry." I walked over to her, cupping her cheeks. We went into her room and I tugged down my sleeves making sure the lines imprinted on my skin weren't evident. Bethany pressed the button on her camera and we started to film.

"Hey guys, it's Beth. Well, obviously. Anyways, a lot of you guys have been asking if I am going to VidCon. The answer is Si! And for those of you who do not speak Spanish, that means yes! I'm bringing someone super lovely with me! My sister, Erica!" I jumped up from my and sat on the bed. "Hey, guys! I'm so excited to meet my sisters' fans! Y'all are the sweetest!" I said and for once, genuinely smiled.

We finished filming and I left Bethany alone so she could edit in peace while I went into my room and opened up my laptop. I went straight to YouTube and someone caught my eye - Kian Lawley. The name of the video was Sad News. I clicked on the video and watched as Kian explained, with a sadness in his eyes, that he and Andrea had broken up. A wave of sadness overcame me as I felt bad for the two of them. However, I was happy that Kian was finally single. I could meet him at VidCon and maybe get to know him.

---------------

Beth and I arrived at our hotel for VidCon, which was swarming with YouTubers. You would think I would know some, but when Bethany does collabs I stay in my room even if Bethany begs me to come out. I'm scared that they won't like and they'll call me the things Julia and her groupies call me. "Slut", "Freak", "Loser", "Worthless", etc.

"Hello? Earth to Er." Bethany says waving her hands in front of me. 

"What? Sorry." I mutter.  

"I said we leave in an hour, so hurry up. I want to be there early. I promised some fans." She said, smiling at the mention of her fans.

After I finished my makeup, I got dressed in a Hakuna Matata crop top, high waisted faded studded pocket shorts, and black Vans. I put my hair in a messy bun and put my glasses on instead of my contacts. I studied my face. Bethany and I had all the same features, yet I was bullied for my looks. It didn't make any sense to me, but I dealt with it anyways. 

Once we got to VidCon, Bethany introduced me to some of her YouTuber friends but I didn't pay much attention. Then, as I was walking to Beth, I bumped into someone. I landed roughly on the cold, hard concrete floor. 

"Ouch.." I muttered, rubbing my elbow.

"Fuck- Are you okay? Beth? Is that you?" That voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't figure out who it was. Until I looked up into a pair of brown eyes.

----------

A/N: Yay! So first chapter up! I'm actually really happy w this chapter! Enjoy:) xx

As of 7/31/15 I have edited this chapter. It's not too great but it's a bit better.

This chapter was re-edited on March 2, 2016.

Re-re-edited on January 5, 2017. I really can't make this any better it's gross.

P.S. I was about 10 years old when I first wrote this.