Little Do You Know

The Iron Bull and Mage Reader

She was mysterious. Her smile always seemed forced and fake to him, but he didn't say. She's been in the inquisition for a while now but no one knew much about her. No one knows much of what happened to her, but she's always been near Cullen. She was there when the circle of Magi was under attack by demons and was then dragged along to Kirkwall.

They say she had almost died so many times, but she always managed to get out of it. She's probably even more scarred than Cullen himself. Yet, she carries on with her head held high and her body hidden under her robes. Just that itself intrigued The Iron Bull.

There she sat, alone, in the top edge of Skyhold watching the area around her. No one really walked by this area, so it was peaceful.
"You know, no one really knows much about you," The Bull interrupt the silence, revealing that he was standing a few metres behind her.

"They haven't cared to ask," she stated as the wind blew her (h/c) into her face. She lifted up her hand to move the hair out of her face when he noticed it. It was small, but noticeable. It was the start of a scar that likely continued down her arm. Her long sleeve covered it though.

Without really thinking, he grabbed her hand and pulled it closer to him gently. This small action shocked her.
"Do you mind if I..?" The Bull asked, gesturing to her sleeve. She hesitantly nodded and turned away as he rolled up her sleeve to her shoulder.
There was indeed a long scar that reached past her shoulder even.

"The incident in the circle Cullen has mentioned...I was there too," she sighed, answering The Iron Bull's silent question. "What they did to Cullen wasn't the worst half of it. Blood magic requires the blood of oneself or another. They bled some of us, making us watch as they used the blood to turn the others into demons. The pain...it was the same as being tortured. Except, they had no intentions of any of us living. I did though...well...just,".

The Bull sat there in silence as he traced the scar with his finger slowly up to as far as the fabric would allow. The action caused chills to cascade down (Y/n)'s spine, receiving a shiver afterwards.

"I soon found myself in Kirkwall helping out the Grand Cleric, First Enchanter and the Knight Commander. I highly regret going to Kirkwall, but I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for that. I had been stuck in the middle in the end. Meredith and I got along well and so did Orsino and I.
As it neared the war, Meredith would ask me to spy on Orsino and Orsino asked for me to spy on Meredith. The Grand Cleric asked me to try to make them get along but I'd rather not become tranquil. So when the day came that Anders blew up the Chantry, I was asked to be on one side. Meredith offered my life and Orsino offered me the chance to fight with my people. I didn't know what to do," (Y/n) rambled on.

"What did you do?" The Bull asked, pulling her into him to keep her warm. She blushed a deep red and tried to hide her face.
"What could I really do? The mages had a chance really and I'd be abandoning who I am by being on Meredith's side. The champion chose to be with the mages and in the end I chose to help evacuate citizens. A mutual side," she shrugged and snuggled in closer to the Bull. "You haven't told me much about yourself,".

"That I guess is for another time. You're tired and it's getting pretty late," he smile and stood up. He then proceeded to lift her up in his huge arms of him and carried her to her quarters.
"Why are you so fascinated with me Bull?" She asked the tall Qunari.
"Because, for a small and frail Mage, you ended up being stronger than you seemed," he stated, placing her onto her bed. She looked up at the Bull and smiled.
"Thank you Bull"

The Bull and (Y/n) continued to meet at the same place each night, learning new things about each other. (Y/n) joined the Chargers alongside Krem and the others to help The Bull and the Inquisition. With that, (Y/n) opened up more and smiled brighter.

That was until the Qunari came, seeking help from the Inquisition and in return, an alliance. The Chargers joined alongside the inquisitor, taking claim of one of the Venatori bases. The Dreadnought started docking when the Chargers were ambushed.

The Iron Bull caught glimpse of (Y/N)'s eyes before she turned off to fight back. He didn't know what he should do. Until the Inquisitor spoke up.
"We're going to save the Chargers!" The inquisitor smiled, receiving a glare from the Qunari soldier.

"I hope you realise the Alliance is off if you choose that," he spat and started to walk away.
"Bull?" The Inquisitor smiled at him. "You know what you need to do,".

(Y/n) fought hard, defending her friends more than she did herself and healing them whenever they needed it. Out of all, she gained and was gaining the most injuries and losing a lot of mana and yet she continued on.

The Iron Bull wouldn't abandon them would he? He wouldn't abandon her. Finally, Krem grew tired and backed up to (Y/n)'s side. She battled to protect the both of them as the Venatori came in closer to them. One raised his sword to swing down into her but was knocked away.

There stood a grinning Iron Bull, holding out his huge weapon. Everyone else backed down, exhausted and tired while (Y/n) still fought with the Bull. Finally, all bruised, battered and exhausted from winning the battle, Bull turned back in time to watch as (Y/n)'s body collapsed to the floor.

She woke up to a few worried faces standing around her, but mainly the Iron Bull's. A chorus of 'glad to see you're awake', 'she awakens' and 'welcome back' echoed through the room. After a time being, it ended up just being The Iron a Bull and (Y/n) alone again.

"I heard you only healed the team and not yourself," he started off, breaking the silence.
"It saved mana," she simply replied and attempted to leave the bed. Instead, it just turned out to be falling off the bed.

The Bull rushed to (Y/n), helping her back into the bed.
"Why did you come back for us Bull?" (Y/n) asked the Iron Bull. He sighed and looked away.
"Because I don't know what I would have done if I didn't," he replied. "You have done something to me too. I think have have gained feelings towards you,".

"Good. Cause little do you know Bull, I love you," she replied as she placed her small hand in his.

"Kadan..."