Darling

Vivienne and mute Reader

"Fashion is everything," Vivienne smiled then took a sip of tea. "Stick with me darling if you want me to teach you the basics,". I nodded trying to imitate the way she was drinking. She looked at me as I attempted. Her eyes never left me until I slipped up.
"No dear. You need to relax when you hold it just not too much," she instructed.

Not too long after, I successfully managed to drink like Vivienne. I had an appropriate hold of my tea cup and didn't make a noise while sipping. Vivienne would always tell me that slurping or sipping noises were disrupting and rude. Then told me what it is to have a tea party in Orlais.

"Now, I think it is appropriate to get your balance and strut done next. A smooth strut and excellent balance shall help with your fighting," she explain, standing up gracefully. All I can do is nod and obey. Sometimes, Cole would be around me conveying what I cannot. Sometimes all I need to do is think of Cole and shout his name in my head and he arrives.

"You called?" Cole appeared. I jumped at his sudden appearance.
"Ah excellent! Cole would be needed indeed. Well done Dear," Vivienne praised as she continued walking. "He will be needed when we choose clothing suitable for you,".

Clothing? What type of clothing? Clothing like hers or fine armour?
"What type of clothing she asks?" Cole hummed.
"You will see Dear. All in good time," was Vivienne's response.

Things happened since then and right now, Skyhold was under attack by Corypheus himself. He was scarier than I took him for. Red rocks or maybe lyrium stuck out in parts of him and he looked as though he had been trampled by 50 horses.

I agreed to helping those within the Skyhold buildings with a few others before coming back to join the fight against Corypheus. Families, men, women, children and animals were all moved to safety as I arrived to join the fight. The ground around me was rocky and out of place being a hazard in some cases.

The Inquisitor stood surrounded by those who were not of the inquisition soldiers. They were all attacking Corypheus with the distance fighters being Sera, Dorian, Vivienne, Varric and Solas the bald elf who looks like an apostate hobo. The close range fighters were, of course, Cassandra, The Iron Bull, Cole, the Inquisitor, Blackwall and now me.

~Vivienne's View~

After teaching (y/n) how to be graceful and always balanced, they fight better than an experiences rogue does. Their moves are fast but go with the flow and they're no longer ever out of balance. It was wonderful.

I must have been lost in thought, but I heard it. The one thing I had been dying to hear.

"Darling!" (Y/n) shouted. I turned around just as (y/n) got hit by an attack meant for me.
"Bull!" I called. The huge Qunari turned towards us, backing away from the fight as he did. His face dropped at the sight of (y/n) within my arms and ran straight for us, sheathing his weapon.
"I've got this!" He frowned as he picked up (y/n)'s stiff body. He started moving out of the way as the Inquisitor took the final blow at Corypheus.

I stayed at (y/n)'s side until everyone else came around.
"I'm proud of you (Y/n) dear!" I smiled, holding (Y/n) in my arms again. "Your first word. It was beautiful!". (Y/n) managed a toothy smile which was soon ruined by them coughing up blood.
(Y/n) looked to Cole and nodded. They looked to have a conversation between each other before (Y/n) looked back to me.

Their mouth opened slowly with eyes brimmed with tears.

"T-thank y-you," (Y/n) managed out as their eyes closed. Their head leant against my chest, still breathing. Then nothing.
"You're welcome darling," I frowned now, trying to hold back tears.

"Why aren't you crying?" Cole asked for (Y/n). I looked towards then men taking away the man I loved. The man I failed to save. They carried his body away in a fashion I wished he was watching too.

"Women of power do not cry, Dear. We stay strong even if our hearts are broken. That is what we must do to continue to look good and keep our faces nice," I stated, not in the mood for smiling.
"(Y/n) says that they wished they were more like you," Cole blankly smiled. I cannot cry in times like this.

I could feel the wetness of tears down my cheeks.
"(Y/n) wanted me to tell you this after they died," Cole broke the silence between us all as I pulled (Y/ n)'s pale, limp body closer to mine.
"'Thank you Vivienne for all that you have done for me. For all the things you had taught me. You're like the mother I wish I had and I thank you for the times we shared together. I love you Vivienne. Please live a long and happy life, for me. I wish I had more time to speak these words to you myself, but I guess this will have to do'" Cole frowned, saying the words (Y/n) had told him to say.

"Don't worry Darling. I love you too," I cried, letting it all out. The first and last time (y/n) spoke. The first and hopefully last time I cry.

"My dear child,".