The Little Things

Solas and Reader

The Inquisitor looked down to the bottom floor, where Solas usually sat, with his boyfriend Dorian. Lately, this had became a regular routine for the two as they held each other's hand and watched below at Solas and the one who loved him.

Each day, (Y/n) would peak through the door to check if the bald elf was asleep. If not, (Y/n) pretended they had to walk past. If Solas was asleep, (Y/n) secretly filled up his tea cup and did a few other stuff. This usually varied on what was there, the feeling of the day and if something better could be given to him.

The gesture itself was sweet and encouraging. They say that sometimes it's the little things that matter. In this case, they did matter. Solas worked harder, discovered more and still felt great enough to do more. The Inquisition benefited from it slightly each time.

Though, sadly the Inquisitor, a few others and (Y/n) went out on a dangerous mission. Dorian was upset that he, himself, had not been chosen to partake in this mission alongside his elven boyfriend. But he guessed that it was for the best and hoped that they'd come back.

"Dorian!" (Y/n) barged into the room, silencing it. Dorian stood up and turned to face the injured, bleeding (H/c) head. His face turned to that of a shocked and concerned one when his eyes finally meet the (e/c) panicked ones of (Y/n). "It's the inquisitor!".

(Y/n) stepped out of Dorian's path as he rushed towards his lover's side. The blood loss and the injuries (Y/n) had sustained finally took its toll on them and Solas noticed. He quickly found himself at (Y/n)'s side as they passed out. Solas managed to catch (Y/n) on time.

This was when Solas realised who his secret admirer was. The admirer he did not know, but had gained feelings towards. The fact that the small little things stopped happening. No more refilled tea, no more anything really. It made Solas feel incomplete.

(Y/n) tried sneaking out a few times to do the usual, but we're usually caught and sent back to bed. It upset (Y/n), yet there was nothing that could be done. Patience was required and all (Y/n) could do was wait.

"(Y/n)," Solas smiled as he walked into the ward (Y/n) had been staying. What Solas had not expected was to find (Y/n) asleep with an open book of tea recipes laying with them. Solas smiled and closed the book, placing it onto the counter besides (Y/n)'s infirmary bed.

He fixed (Y/n)'s bed and made sure they were comfortable before leaning in and placing a kiss on (Y/n)'s forehead.

"Dareth shiral..." Solas started but paused. He then smiled brightly. "...ma vhenan,"

*Dareth shiral means farewell/safe journey and ma vhenan means my heart