...fourteen

Call from Unknown Number

Answer or Decline?

Your call has been answered.

++

"Dean?"

"Cas. oh thank god you called."

"Of course I called. What's going on?"

"I'm so sorry. My dad came home and saw you walking from our house and was mad."

"Why would your dad be mad if I was there?"

"He just...doesn't like people at the house, that's all."

I here him breath rather loudly on the other line and realize something. He's lying.

"You're lying to me."

"What? No I'm not. That's crazy."

"Dean," I feel like I can see his face now; full of worry and desperation, "what are you not telling me?"

"I hate your ability to see through lies sometimes you know that?"

"Yeah, you're not the only one," I say with a laugh, though it wasn't really funny, "now tell me."

I hear his hesitation before he speaks. "Okay, well...my dad's a homophobe, a big one, and something happened a few years back and he wasn't too happy."

"So you're not allowed to have guy friends at your house anymore?"

"No, I can."

"Well then why can't I be there?"

"..."

"Dean," I don't really know what else to say.

"Look, Cas, the truth is...the truth is I like you, as a little more than a friend. I don't wanna scare you, it's probably only a little crush, so I didn't tell you."

I laughed, it was the only thing I could do.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Dean, you could've told me. Why do you think I flirt with you all the time on Kik?"

I could almost see his big smile.