...forty

I'm lost. Trees are all that surround me.

I look around me for a pathway, or anything that may look like a way out. Nothing. The sound of approaching footsteps behind me sends a cold shower down my spine. Who is it? What do they want? I try to run, get out of there's as quick as possible, but my feet feel glued to the ground.

"Brother," a voice says, and I recognize it immediately.

"Lucifer."

"Why, hello Castiel!" he's in front of me faster than the speed of light, "what a pleasant" – his face is now inches from mine, so he whispers– "surprise."

"I hate you!" I hiss.

He walks away from me, pure disgust taking over his face as he keeps his eyes glued to me, "you couldn't possibly hate me as much as Gabriel hates you!"

My eyes go wide.

"What, you think I don't know about the little 'talk' you guys had before you left a few days ago?" he laughs his villain-like laugh, "he hates you, Castiel, because you left him with me."

"No!" I scream, "let me go!"

"He's gone, Castiel!" he chuckles, "he's never coming back. It's too late now."

-

My eyes dart open, pure terror still built up inside me.

I decide it's best to get up and calm myself down, so I sit up in my bed, propping myself up on my elbows.

"Look who's finally awake."

I look down to my right and see Dean in my bed, shirtless.

"Dean?!" I fall off the bed, a loud bang echoing through the house as I land on the floor.

"You good?" he pops his head over the edge of the bed to look down at me.

I scramble to my feet, "what the hell, Dean!"

"Well Goodmorning to you too," he chuckles, gabbing a glass of water off the nightstand, "you thirsty?"

"No," I growl, getting up and going to my closet to find something besides pajamas.

"Not what you said last night," Dean laughed, "you just wouldn't shut up about how you were-"

"I did what?!" I exclaim, quickly emerging from my closet, my eyes wide.

"I'm just kidding, Cas," he looks at my half naked body, "now hurry up and get dressed before I'm not."

"Dean," I give him a pointed look.

He puts his hands up in defense, "what? I'm not doing anything."

I go back in my closet, slip on jeans and a shirt, and come back out to sit next to Dean on the bed. "We need to talk," his facial expression suddenly goes worried, "Dean, you have to promise me something."

"What?"

"Look, I know we've had kind of a thing going on lately, and I know we've been leading each other on," I let out a deep, loud sigh, "but you have to promise me that we won't be together, and that we stop this whole flirting thing so we can easily be friends."

He looks down at his lap for a second before looking back at me, "I can't promise you that, Cas."

"We can't be togeth-"

"Yes we can, Cas!" he takes my hands and holds them gently in his as he looks me in the eyes, "please, don't make me promise that."

"You just don't get it, do you?" I look down and close my eyes.

"Don't get what?"

"I'm sick, Dean!" I stand up, my hands forcefully leaving his, "in six months I'll be gone! You won't see me ever again!"

"So what?!" Dean jumps up from the bed, "that doesn't change the fact that I love you! Or that you're always on my mind! Or that everyday in those three years we didn't talk I felt pain that I didn't know existed! Or that you are the only thing on this planet that keeps me sane but drives me crazy at the same time!"

"I'm dying, Dean," I still don't look at him, "I just don't want you getting hurt." I hear a sigh escape him.

"Hey...do you remember that time in college when you got shamed for your sexuality?" I nod, "do you remember what I said to you when you asked me if I thought we were ever going to break up?"

"You told me you'd love until the day I died."

"Exactly," he puts his finger under my chin and pushes my head up to look at him, "and I'm gonna keep that promise."

And finally, for the first time in what seems like ages, our lips collide, and everything seems to be falling back into place.

Or so I thought.

-

Okay two things

One. I didn't read through this so sorry if there's a lot of mistakes😬😬

Two. The end is cheesy I know