thirty five...

{Dean and Cas have been talking and hanging out for five months now, and have become close once again}

Incoming call from Dean Winchester

"Hey"

"Get dressed. We're hanging out."

"Um...is there a reason we have to hang out at 8 in the morning? Can't it wait till later?"

"No. Now hurry up and get ready. I'm right in front of your house."

-

I rush out of bed and look out the window, and sure enough, there's a '67 Chevy Impala waiting outside my house. I throw on a pair of jeans that are a little more lighter shade of blue, a plain white tee shirt, and a blue zip up sweatshirt to go over it. I go over to the long mirror and zip up my sweatshirt to see what it looks like. I unzip it because it looks better that way and walk over to my nightstand where my chocolate brown wig lays. I grab it, reminding myself to go out and get a black one because I don't look good with brown hair (even if it is a really dark brown), and put it on, going back over to the mirror to make sure the wig looks right.

After it's on how I want it, I rush down the stairs, putting my shoes on in a hurry once I get to the bottom. I look around the house to make sure I didn't forget anything before I finally leave, locking the door behind me as I do so.

"What took you so long?" Dean asks as I slide into the passenger seat of his vehicle.

"Well, you did wake me up with your call, it's not like I wake up looking like an angel," I expect him to laugh at my response, but all he does it just stare at me.

"You always look like an angel, doesn't matter what you're doing," I look away as he says the words, smiling at the compliment, but also feeling guilty that I still haven told him that I'm sick yet. It takes me a second to look back at him. "So," I say, "where to now?"

A wild smirk takes over his face, "you'll see."

I'm about to say more but I'm stopped by the sound of his engine roaring as we zoom down the street.

-

We drive for about 2 hours, me falling asleep about an hour into the ride, before reaching our destination; a beautiful house that's on a lake.

I look at Dean, a confused look covering my face. "Follow me," he says, and I do. I follow him to the front door, where he takes a key and unlocks it. How does he have keys to this place? My mind says, but the thought disappears once we get into the house. I walk inside and look around, and the house is absolutely perfect. The floors are hardwood and the walls are a perfect shade of white. I walk into the kitchen and see the counters are granite, which Dean knows is my dream since my family was never able to afford houses with these kinds of kitchens.

After I tour the whole house, I end up back in the living room where Dean is still waiting. I approach him, the smile on my face bigger than ever. "Why did you bring me here?" I ask, my smile fading.

"Three years ago, a few weeks before...you know, I bought this place. I was going to surprise you with it for your birthday. It was going to be ours," he explains, "and after what happened, it hurt too much to live in it by myself, but it also hurt too much to sell it, so I've been renting it out to people."

"Dean.." I start, but he cuts me off.

"For weeks I have been trying to find a way to ask you to be mine again. And I realize that I have no place to be asking you since I'm the one who did what I did, but if that's the only reason you're wanting to say no, I have an explanation for it, and not just a dumb 'I didn't mean to' explanation, a real, logical one."

"I need to tell you something.."

He cuts me of again, "I've jut been trying to find a way to show you that I never stopped loving you, and I never will, and I thought hey, what would be a better place than his dream house? So, what do you say, wanna give things another try?"

I take a deep breath, "Dean...you don't understand."

"What do you mean?" he looks confused, and my palms are sweatier than ever.

"I'm dying."

He smiles, which takes me aback, "I know right, this house is amazing."

I shake my head, "no, Dean, you don't get it, I'm actually dying. I'm sick."

I see Dean go from happy to serious faster than I've ever seen any person switch emotions. "W-what?"

"About a year ago, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma, and was in the hospital going through treatments until about five months ago when they released me," I explained.

"Didn't we just start talking five months ago?" his voice is shaky now.

"Yeah, you actually called me a couple days after I got out of the hospital."

"Okay," he says, "well, they let you out of the hospital for a good reason, right? I mean, there's no exact date or anything for when you're gonna die, right?"

"Actually," I look away, I'm not able to look him in the eyes while saying this, "they let me out of the hospital cause I only had a year to live."

After a second, I look up, only to see Dean, his head down and tears streaming down his face.

"I can't believe," he starts, "I can't believe you didn't tell me."

I try to explain, "Dean I-"

"I gotta go."

He rushes out the door before I can say another word, leaving me alone in the house that now will only bring back bad memories.

-

Okay guys I'm really sorry for taking so long to update. I have one more week of school before summer and I'll definitely be updating more in the summer.