...thirty six

"Would you like another cup of coffee, sir?"

I look up at the young woman who asked me the question and nod slightly as she pours more coffee into the mug that sits in front of me. I look out the window, thinking about what happened just hours ago. It all made no sense to me. Why would he buy a house and have all these plans for us if he was going to cheat on me? I take a sip of my coffee, thinking more about that night three years ago, and realizing that nothing added up. I texted him him when I left the airport, why wouldn't he have made the girl he was...doing things with....leave? He can be an airhead sometimes but I know he's not stupid. As I thought about it more, it got harder to understand; why was all his stuff already packed and ready to go by the door? Did he plan on me catching him?

I couldn't wrap my head around anything. It didn't make sense at all. I decided to take my phone out and do something that I knew I'd probably regret.

-

classycassy: hey...you still mad?

classycassy: or whatever you were

deanthebean is typing...

deanthebean: no

deanthebean: I'm so sorry, Cas, I shouldn't have left you. It was a dick move

classycassy: its fine, dean. id run away too

deanthebean: how are you feeling?

classycassy: a little confused

deanthebean: why?

classycassy: it would be a lot easier to explain in person..meet me at the coffee place in town?

deanthebean: ill be there in five

-

Dean walks through the door almost exactly five minutes later, like he promised. "Hey," he says, sitting down in the booth across from me.

"Hey," I say, my voice shaking.

"So, what's up?"

I take a deep breath, "I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay," he says, his emerald green eyes sparkling in the faint moonlight, "what is it?"

"What happened three years ago?"

I watch Dean's face lose all color, "what do you mean, Cas? You know what happened, do you really want to relive that again?"

I take a deeper breath, "let me rephrase that, what really happened three years ago, Dean?"

"I, um," I hear him gulp, "Cas, trust me, you don't wanna know."

I look right into his eyes, but this time in a harsh way, "yes. I do."

I see tears form in his eyes, "okay, it all started..."

-

I suck at updating, and keeping the promise that I'm gonna update more