Chapter 8: Erik

Rapist! Pedophile! No, no, no! Not me, why me? No!

My attempted screams came out as muffles against the hand. I tried to struggle against the arm which held me in place against a firm body, but to no avail. The arm was tightly wrapped around my waist, squeezing me like a corset, sending aching feelings of what will come next into my private parts. No! I don't want to be defiled! I've never thought this would happen...I can't let this happen! I can't go through this! I don't want to go through this! I don't want someone to invade my body! I'm afraid!

Then, without thinking, I opened my mouth and bit into the hand. Instead of biting into skin, I bit into leather.

The picture of the gloved hand reaching down to me flooded into my mind.

I...I should have known! Oh, how shameful I am! Woe is me...woe! I doomed myself to a sorry fate...

Tears streamed down my eyes, wetting the leather.

Without warning, the body jerked its muscles, and dragged me away, to God knows where. I squeezed my eyes shut, sadly and fearfully surrendering myself to my fate.

My feet skidded against the rocky ground, scraping my toes, sending pain shooting up my leg. Rock after rock tore open my flesh over and over again.

Then the body came to an abrupt stop.

The hand came off of my mouth, and the arm fell from my waist.

And I screamed.

"HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP ME!" A hoarse voice which I could barely recognize as my own hollered painfully.

"Hush, girl! Hush!" A hand rested upon my shoulder.

I spun around to face him, nearly foaming at the mouth. Although I could only make out his shape in the darkness, that didn't keep me from fuming at this shadow. "You can't fool me! I know what you're going to do! Since I'm a pretty young lass, you're going to rape me! Well, let me tell you, I've developed my own techniques for fighting off your kind!" With that, I didn't hesitate to kick my leg up, hoping it'd find its mark at his testes.

But instead, in one swooping motion, the shadow glided around me, and the next thing I knew, I was seized by those gloved hands once more. One arm was wrapped around my waist, while the other held my throat. My body defensively froze and I began to gasp. Chills were sent up and down my body, and that aching feeling in my private parts was replaced by pure freight. I felt my face blanch.

"Insolent girl, listen to me! Stop your foolishness! You must keep your voice down! Although we're safe for the time being, you're not safe, and this is why I've taken it upon myself to help you! Why I've done this, I don't know, but now you're my responsibility, so shut up and obey!"

"I'd rather be damned to Hell than listen to you!" I choked out. I surprised myself with my use of vulgar language.

"You try my patience...listen to me! You'll leave me no choice...but I mustn't hurt you..."

"Never!" I spat.

The shadow sighed a heavy sigh, then he released me. I retreated to the nearest cave wall and turned around, eyeing the shadow.

"Come now," he said in an eerily gentle voice, "please. Listen to me. I'm the one..."-he hesitated before continuing- "you saved."

I'm not falling for that!

"Who do you take me for? An idiot? Do you think I haven't figured that out? God, I should never have saved this man!"

"I'm speaking to a turnip!" He declared aloud, sounding frustrated again.