Chapter 18

"Emily, we are here so that you can relax a little bit, not so that you can stay so worked up" I look at Link and without a word, I look down at my lap again.

"Emily, your favourite ride is opening in five minutes" I look at Mila and then back down again.

I open my bag and take off my shirt and put it inside. Again I am in my bikini and shorts.

Getting up, we all walk around and look at all the rides that are available. We soon decide to go on the tilt a whirl first.

It is a ride where you get strapped in on a seat and this thing spins you around in all directions while you get sprayed by water.

The line, however is a little long and we all patiently stand and wait. The others are talking enough for me to stay silent and not talk, so it doesn't bother me.

Today we are at water world. All of us. I didn't want to come but they made me come with and now they are all a bunch of grumps because I am not in a good mood.

How can I be though?

The pain within is alerting, my brain is working extra hard to comfort itself.

When Thomas called me two days ago he was worried and I didn't know what was going on. He wouldn't tell me either.

He told me it's about Amabella and I felt my world stop turning, however when I finally got to know what was going on I found out that she was very ill.

She had a setback and they thought she wasn't going to make it. So instead of fucking up some people, I went to visit her in ICU.

She was pale and her hands were cold. I tried to tell her to hang in there and I wish I could have helped her.

Yesterday, I did go fuck up Mike and the rest of those idiots. I told them to leave my friends alone.

I tried to be kind in the beginning. Kind and calm but I couldn't, I felt like my world was crashing down around me in flames and that I had no other hope. So I lashed out on them and gave them a few bruises and broken bones.

I feel like I am reliving all of it. I feel like I am reliving how Anna left me. She should never have left, she was the most beautiful person ever. Inside and out.

She didn't deserve it, it should have been me. I am not nearly what she was. She was a light.

So today, they all dragged me hear apparently to 'get my mind off of things' but meanwhile I want my mind on things.

I never want to forget Anna and I don't want to forget Anabella either. She is like the sister I miss.

When I left the hospital two days ago, Anabella had slipped into a coma because of all the medication taking a toll on her pour body.

It's horrible and I don't know what to think. I also don't want to say the wrong thing so I am choosing not to say anything at all.

Either I would say the wrong thing or I would break down and cry. It's actually quite mindblowing how that little girl has such an effect on my heart.

"Emily, she will be okay" I give Cole a small smile and we are then aloud to go onto the ride.

I quietly strap in and look around at my friends. They have been there for me even when I wasn't there for them.

They are my stronghold, always caring and being kind. They just want the best for me even though I only hurt them when I tried to protect them.

Fucked up, I know.

Soon the ride starts and I hold on tight. We go up, down, diagonal and every other direction you can think of at an unresonable speed.

I can feel the blood pumping through my veins by the time the ride ends and I walk off with a smile on my face, feeling tons better than before.

I feel refreshed now. I feel like I will have the power to understand the happenings of my life and I will soon understand why Anna had to leave.

One day.

We start walking to another ride while drying up with our towels that we put into Sofia's bag.

"You seem better" I smile and nod "a little. I decided not to let the things that bother me bother our weekend. I don't want to ruin our day together as friends." Link smiles with a nod and slings his arm over my shoulder.

The rest walk to the next ride and I lead Link to a consetion stand "hotdog or cotton candy?"

He gives me odd look and then smiles again "cotton candy" I nod and when we get to the front of the line, I order two cotton candies and we get them almost instantly.

Quickly I pay with the little money I took from the small pocket in my towel and then we head on over to the rest of the group "so you guys disappear and then don't even bring us some cotton candy?"

Link and I both nod with a shrug and then they all roll their eyes while we decide the next ride we want to go on.

It is when Link smashes his cotton candy into Cole's face and they all laugh about it, that I realize just how great they are.

Even though I have a lot on my mind at the moment, I know that I can always count on them to cheer me up. They will always get my mind off of whatever is bothering me just like they did now.

I smirk when Miranda walks past us with her three little followers and she stops to look at me "I have the cloth for you to clean my locker ready, bitch"

I put a hand to my heart with a dramatic gasp "I can't use your clothes! What on earth will your dogs shit on?!"

Her mouth falls open "how about the grass?" I smirk "but they can't take a shit on your food" I then put my finger up like a thought just came over me "then again, that would explain your breath"

I hear all of my friends start to laugh and look at her with her mouth open "I have told you to close your mouth. Do you WANT to catch flies? I mean your breath contibutes to the attraction anyway"

Then I walk away with all of my friends walking next to me laughing.