Chapter 26

"Great stuff Emily! Keep the pace" I punch a little harder and harder with each punch I give.

Doing different types of kicks and different types of punches. I go into my state of relaxation.

The state where I punch the bag and take out all of my thoughts on it. I don't hurt anyone and I get peace and training.

The thing that is bothering me today is when Cole kissed me. He kissed me about a week ago.

The memory strikes.

Flashback

Soon I pull away from the kiss and stare at Cole gobsmacked before wiping my tears "no, you cannot do this! You cannot be an asshole and then kiss me and think everything will be fine again."

He grabs my arms and stills me while looking into my eyes "Emily, listen to me!" It takes a moment and I know I can easily get out of his hold, but soon I stand still and look passed him "Emily, I want to be with you"

My eyes snap to his and I slowly start to smile "but I can't, not until I have fixed things" I raise an eyebrow and then without another word, he lets go of my arms and walks away.

I want to follow, but I don't because I know that in the end it won't happen.

End of flashback.

"Emily! STOP!" I snap out of it and notice that not only am I in tears, but I am also busy beating up the caretaker.

How?

"W-what happened?" I wipe my tears and help the guy up before looking at Paul again "you just started crying and then hitting the bag like no shit, I sent Kevin to stop you, but you just went on and hit him" I swallow deeply "sorry"

They nod and I walk off to my bag. Taking off my wraps, I stuff my bag and thrn pull on a hoodie.

Then I greet everyone and apologize one more time before waving them off and walking out to my car.

Then I freeze in my step and roll my eyes. I don't have a problem with Cole, but you can't kiss someone and then tell them you want to be with them but can't.

"Hear me out" I take a few seconds and then nod before making my way to my car which he is leaning on.

He smiles at me and tries to grab my waist but I step away and shake my head "no way"

"Fair enough" he nods and then reaches behind my car "I painted you something" I look over at the painting and my mouth gapes open.

It was a painting of me in the ring, the fighting ring but the audience is a scene from the red carpet and all of my friends and family are there.

"You said that you left us because you don't know who you are, but Emily even though you are surrounded by fame and people, you are a fighter. You fight for what you believe in and you fight to feel safe" it takes me a moment but I soon realize that he is right.

"I told you that you are not the only one with problems, I felt the same and in painting this picture for you, I realized that I am an artist. Even though you covered up your hurt, you still looked beautiful to me. I painted goodness when you fought the darkness" my eyes travel to his again and I take in every word he says.

He painted goodness when I fought the darkness. I like that.

I look down at the ground and think about it for a moment. It sounds nice and all, but I don't want him to just hurt me when he feels like it again.

Slowly I start to shake my head "the painting is very sweet but I do-"

"I know that I messed up, the others are very angry at me and they are hurt. All I ask is for one more chance. Emily, let me love you"

"So that you can treat me like trash as soon as we disagree again?" He looks truly shocked at my words but I don't care. It is true.

He stays silent for a moment and I narrow my eyes at him "what is the fact that you are staying silent supposed to be telling me?"

He shakes his head "no Emily, I have made mistakes and I am very sorry, I shouldn't say the things that I do to you"

I know I am going to forgive him and all will be alright, but I want to give him grief for how much he hurt me.

"What did you have to fix? You said you had to fix things, what was it?" He looks at me silently for a moment before he takes a deep breath "I turned down going the art thing" my eyes widen "I did it so that we can be together. I also helped Miranda, she regrets what she did to Mike. So she asked me to paint something for her ro be able to say sorry." I nod in understanding.

"Come over here" he walks closer to me and I give him a tight hug "I forgive you Cole, and I understand what you are saying" I hear him sigh with relief and then he wraps his arms around me.

"If only you knew" I smile "knew what?" He stays silent for a moment and then speaks "if only you knew the way my heart beats for you"

I smile and hug him tighter "let's say tomorrow, you and I go somewhere and spend some time together? We could have a picnic?"

I nod with a smile on my face "that would be very nice" he smiles and nods. Then without a word, I gently stand on my toes and connect out lips lightly at first and then he smashes them together filling me with hope and happiness.

I never thought this would be possible. Us. The fighter and the artist.