Chapter 7

"When will you undergo the acceptance?"

I sighed knowing it was inevitable that I would have to do the deed or suffer.as severed head. It was not much of an option.

"Tonight, after I close up" I finally said resigned to the inevitable. Procastinating would only make things worse as it were the pain would be intense. I could only hope it would be bearable.

"Alone?" Marcus asked disapprovingly.

"Yes," I replied. Who was he expecting to keep me company. I am afterall an excile. An excile Queen and the only rulling monarch. I wonder how that would work. Wondered hard till my headache componded.

"And who will revive you should you collapse under the strain?" asked Marcus with an unwarranted amount if sarcasm.

"Look, I don't exactly have anyone at all now do I. Ive been taking care of myself on my own for centuries now. I could well survive this on my own as well," I said stubbornly.

"Had you considered that you will be weak. Weaker then any before have ever been in accepting the throne. Your refusal to drink blood will have its repercussions and the acceptance ceremony is not to be treated lightly," Marcus said warningly. Did he really think me that dim?

"Look you were offering to drain me whole and snap my fragile head off only moments earlier. I find it a little hard to believe that you would care at all what becomes of me from the acceptance ceremony," I replied snarkily.

"Ah but you have now accepted my protection as my mate, so it is au naturalment that I would care," grinned Marcus unabashedly.

"I will be there for you during your acceptance," Marcus then declared magnanimously ignoring my rolling eyes over his grand gesture.

"You wish to only protect your investmen. A mate is irreversible you know even on final death," I felt inclined to refresh my warning. Vamps rarely mated anymore for just that reason.

"Yes, I am aware but that will only serve to make our union that much more spectacular. There has never ever been a Queen who had taken on a mate either. The uniqueness of the situation will only be to our advantage, I assure you."

I did not doubt him. He was nothing if not spot on when it came to things like this. He was a master tactition who understood and manipulated the weakness of his oponents at will. I am peppered with weakness all due to my refusal to consume blood. It took no Einstein to manipulate me.

So I did the only thing anyone cornered by a determined bear would do, rollover and play dead.

"I agree to your request to attend my acceptance onto the royal throne tonight and I also accept your request to mate with me. I suggest we resolve the two together. If I should survive my acceptance we will proceed to mate," I shivered at the flare of revolving black that cameover his intense gaze as he merely nodded slowly before uttering the word that would sealing our fate, " Yes!"