Chapter 11

"How is she doing?"

It was a voice I did not recognise but I tuned in to it needing the distraction from the pain. Marcus' s minions no doubt.

"Not too well," said Marcus. That annoyed me. I thought I was holding up fairly well. So I was bent over double. Clutching at my insides as if it were being ripped apart from me even as they spoke but that should not matter. I had not emitted a single scream...not after that first few. Nope. In my pain fried mind that was an achievement in it self.

The bloody pain was blinding. It was as if my flesh was tearing away from me even now. Non-stop the pain continued intensifying all the while will it ever end. I tried to see the changes that were taking place within me but all I saw was a great expanse of black that I was neverndingly free falling through.

It was that limitless darkness that was pouring into me causing all that volume of pain. I finally got what they meant when they called my sire the Prince of Dakness. It made me wonder though who the hell was the King?  I guess that would be my new tittless also Princess of Darkness as well as the Queen of the Undead. I shuddered in revulsion and the pain intensified some more causing me to release an ear splitting scream.

That was when I realised that it was painfull because I rebelled. I was fighting that ebony that strived to overpower me to consume me. I needed to stop. To stop fighting it and embrase it instead.

That would prove to be my downfall into the pit of darkness but I realised it cannot be helped. It must be done. I must be ine with it. It was the only way to survive it and there was bo going back not ever. So I opened up my mind and let it flood in.

An ear splitting scream errupted. It was not from me.

Marcus!!