The Surface At Last

INTRO:

Hello! I am, obviously, Ayanne_Shuin. This "book" contains spoilers to UNDERTALE so if you haven't seen it, go see it RIGHT NOW! With that out of the way, here is a basic overview of what you need to know. (You need to know all about undertale as well as the following.)

The first chapter depicts her friends staring at the sunset in awe. Ther lines are copied directly from the ending of UNDERTALE.

Ages:

Frisk: 16 (14 when she just entered the underground)

Sans: 18

Papyrus: 15

Undyne: 17

Alphys: 17

Asgore: 40

Toriel: 40

Flowey: ???

Chara: (NOT INCLUDED IN STORY)

Grillby: 32

Fiona: 17

Gaster: 38 (not including time spent in void)

Yeah... that is practically all you need to know for this! 

Other details will be within the story.

******************

Frisk stood, staring at the sunset with her friends. "We're finally here, above the underground, free at last," Frisk thought, as a feeling of satisfaction washed over her, followed by a nostalgic feeling.

As Frisk thought back to the time when she climbed up Mount Ebbot, she remembered the reason she climbed the mountain in the first place. It had been a good two years, but she couldn't forget. Like Chara, Frisk had scaled the menacing tower for... not a very happy reason. But... she refused to think about that reason, for it no longer mattered. What mattered in the present, was her friends. She was NOT about to have her friends hurt deeply enough to make the drastic choice between life and death. Frisk refused to let them know the sorrows of love. She would let them live happily, and free.

"Oh my..." Frisk's thoughts were interrupted by a Toriel's voice, high-pitched in awe.

"Isn't it beautiful everyone?" Asgore replied mirroring his ex-wife's tone

"Wow... it's e-even better than on TV" Alphys stuttered, amazed by the beauty of the sunset."Way better, better than I ever imagined!"

"Frisk! You LIVE with this?" Undyne ridiculed, " The sunlight is so nice, and the air is so fresh! I really feel alive!"

"HEY SANS... WHAT'S THAT GIANT BALL?" Papyrus asked,

"we call that 'the sun' my friend."

"THAT'S THE SUN? WOWIE!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE I'M FINALLY MEETING THE SUN!!!"

"I could stand here and watch this for hours..." Asgore said, off in his own world,

Toriel sighed and offered her agreement reluctantly, "But, we should really think about what comes next." she added, amending for her 'agreement' with Asgore

"Oh, right... Everyone, this is a bright new future, an era of peace between humans and monsters. Frisk... I have something to ask of you... will you act as our ambassador to the humans?" Asgore inquired, regaining focus

Frisk agreed to the question without a fail, and immediately regretted it. "I'm supposed to be distancing myself, not pulling myself closer!" she lectured herself. "Well... I suppose it wouldn't hurt..."

"YEAH!!! FRISK WILL BE THE BEST AMBASSADOR!!! AND I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL BE THE BEST MASCOT! I'LL GO MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION!

"welp, someone's got to keep him from getting into trouble, see ya guys," Sans said, wandering in the opposite direction.

As Undyne and Alphys chased after Papyrus, Toriel, Asgore, and Frisk were left staring at the sunset, Tori shooting dirty looks at Asgore.

Eventually, Asgore left, feeling awkward, and Toriel asked Frisk the question that determined her future, "Frisk, you came from this world, right? So you have a place to return to, do you not? What will you do now?"

Frisk thought for a moment and finally, speaking out in the voice she rarely used, she agreed to stay with goat mom, for she did not have an accepting place to return to. Her only place was with the monsters.

****Thanks for reading chapter one of "The Surface At Last"! The next chapter won't be much longer! Also, credits to the maker of Undertale, Toby Fox for the script of the monsters used in this chapter. ****