Apologies

Frisk arrived, panting heavily, at the skeleton brothers' house. She didn't know why she had run, but before she knew it, she had gone into a full-blown sprint. Frisk pressed the doorbell after regaining her breath, and two long minutes after, Papyrus arrived at the door.

"SORRY! I WAS MAKING SPAGET-... HUMAN?"

"Hello Papyrus, I am here to apologize to Sans."

"O-OH... HUMAN... PERHAPS YOU SHOULD DO THAT LATER..."

"Huh? What's wrong?............ Is Sans' girlfriend here?"

"H-HUMAN! DO NOT BE ANGRY, FI- THE LADY WAS INTRODUCED BY SANS' DEAR FRIEND GRILLBY!"

Everything Papyrus said seemed to make Frisk angrier, until... she collapsed into a heap of tears outside of the house doorway.

"P-pap... I don't think I can do this! I put my brave face on... but-"

"Hey~ what's all the ruckus down there~" A girl of green fire strolled into the doorway. " I'm trying to make out with Sanmff ," Papyrus slapped his bony hand over the sassy girl's mouth, muffling the name she was about to carelessly blab. Seeing the girl, Frisk immediately regained her determination, and it looked like she hadn't cried in the first place.

"You must be the girlfriend I've heard so much about," Frisk said, with an edge to her voice.

"Yes of corse you heard of me. I bet Sansy~ talks about me all the time... wait. Did you just insult me?" The fire girl responded, her voice having the same cutting edge Frisk's had.

"Well maybe, if you minded your own beeswax, we wouldn't be arguing about this right now."

"FINE! I'm going back to Sansy~" The fire girl left, muttering curses under her breath.

Frisk watched the girl leave, having no emotions whatsoever on her face. Afterward, she turned to a mildly amused Papyrus.

"REMIND ME TO NEVER CROSS YOU HUMAN!"

"Yes. Anyway... can you go grab Sans? ONLY Sans?"

"OKAY HUMAN... CONSIDERING THE PLEADING LOOK ON YOUR FACE AND MY FEAR OF YOU... I THINK I WILL."

As Frisk waited she thought of the 'speech' she had prepared growing more anxious by the second.

"hey, frisk" Frisk heard a deep familiar voice speak from behind her, sounding upset. "what do you want" {He could have inserted puns into that sentence, but he's upset so... yeah}

"H-hey Sans," Frisk said, blushing deeply "I'm so sorry I said I hate you, I'm so sorry I had to be so mean to your girlfriend. I'm sorry I... never accepted any trips with you to Grillby's. I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I'm-" Frisk cut off, choking up.

"whoa, kid i accept your apologies. no need to cry over it."

"T-thanks S-"

"Sansy~ what's taking you so looooooooooong~" Frisk heard the dreaded voice of her rival in love, and because she was at her most vulnerable state, she kneeled over with tears.

"just one sec fiona!" Sans called over his shoulder, all while looking at Frisk with a concerned look on his face.

"I-i'm fine Sans," Frisk hiccupped "go to her."

"okay"

After Sans left, Frisk let go, her tears flowing freely. However, she kept her sobs silent, to avoid disrupting Sans and Fiona's 'date'. Papyrus wrapped Frisk up in a hug, not a lovey-dovey one, mind you, a comforting one. He held her there until she had stopped shaking. By that point, Papyrus had established a deep brother-sister relationship with Frisk. Just as he did with Sans. Not even knowing it, Papyrus had become the key to Frisk's relationship with Sans.

************

"Next stop, Grillby's." Frisk thought to herself, as she put on her best brave face. As she entered the pub she heard a seductive voice.

"ooh, uncle~!" Fiona called to Grillby, "Guess what! The introduction you gave to Sansy~ was a success! I have a boyfriend now~ " Upon hearing the word 'boyfriend' Frisk backed out of the pub.

***********

As Frisk ran home, she pulled out her 'happy go lucky' face and prepared to meet the ever so perspective goat mom.

***********

The falsely cheerful Frisk creaked the door open and peeked in. "I'm home!" she called enthusiastically.

"Oh! My child!" Toriel was clearly worried about Frisk, "How are you!"

"Good! I'm going upstairs!" Frisk said as she hung up her coat in the closet and inched towards the stairs.

"Wait Frisk!.........Okay."

**********

Frisk slammed the door shut behind her breathing heavily "Must. Not. Cry" She whispered to herself as she looked at the ceiling. As her tears faded away, she made her way to the bathroom. Pulling up her sleeves she pulled out the razor she always kept handy. Suddenly, the doorbell rang, as if on cue to save Frisk. She quickly stashed the razor away and called over her shoulder.

"I'm coming!"

****Hey! You made it to the end of all the cryin'and stuff! Wonder who's on the other side of the door? Check in soon to find out!****