A "Talk" With Papyrus

"H- HUMAN WHAT'S WRONG!" even Papyrus could tell when someone was upset, and this was definitely someone who WAS upset.

"I-i.... Paps? C-come in." Frisk hiccupped, attempting to stop the flow of her tears.

"H-HUMAN? IS THIS WHAT LADY TORIEL CALLED ME HERE FOR?" Papyrus asked, filled with concern

"She called you." Frisk spat, the vehement tone returning to her voice.

"BUT, HUMAN, SHE WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" Papyrus quickly defended Toriel, because he knew that her worry, this time, was called for.

"That idiot. Her worry is uncalled for." Frisk commented, sounding slightly like Flowey.

"HUMAN! LADY TORIEL MAY BE A WORRYWART AT TIMES BUT SHE IS STILL YOUR ADOPTED MOTHER. YOU WILL NOT INSULT HER IN ANYWAY. ALSO, HER WORRY WAS CALLED FOR THIS TIME."

"Pap? Are you really that worried about me?" Frisk mocked bitterly.

"YES, HUMAN, SOMETHING TELLS ME THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER, AND IT HAS TO DO WITH YOU PENT UP IN YOUR ROOM FOR DAYS."

Frisk exhaled sharply, she hadn't expected what seemed to be the clueless papyrus to see her suffering under her carefully composed mask.

"D-do you really want to know Papyrus?" Frisk asked, "This is something you must keep from everyone, including your brother."

"FROM SANS?" Papyrus nearly stuttered, not very many people asked him to keep secrets, let alone from his brother.

"Especially from Sans."

"O-OKAY, HUMAN, I AGREE TO YOUR RIDICULOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. NOW TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY."

"Fine, but first..." Frisk directed her voice at the door "LISTENING IN ON CONVERSATIONS ARE RUDE, MOM." 

Just as Frisk predicted, Toriel was listening from the other side of the door. "Okay, my child..." goat mom's embarrassed voice came from the other side of the door. 

After Toriel left the premises of the conversation, Frisk began to unveil her true feelings. Beneath, Papyrus saw more than a dozen emotions. A few of them counted as sadness, hopelessness, hurt, and love? 

"I-i think I love your brother, okay, Paps?" Frisk whispered, tears filling her eyes, " I love him to death and I don't know what to do about it. And I promised myself I wouldn't ever love anyone again! That's why..." Frisk trailed off, only to take a deep breath to continue. "That's why I climbed Mount Ebbot in the first place. I wanted to escape life, find death a-and," Frisk stopped abruptly, choking up. With that, she took another deep breath and started over from the beginning.

"I-i think it started five years ago, I was an innocent child with an unscarred heart. One day, I fell for the cutest boy in school. It all when downhill from there. I confessed, got rejected and... He bullied me. Jacob told me my voice was scratchy, and that I had horrible fashion sense. Then I stopped using my voice. The bullying didn't stop there, Jacob spread a rumor that I was a player, and everyone, even my best friend, started hating me. I started cutting myself, but that was not enough to keep the pain at bay. In the end... I decided to commit suicide." Frisk stopped addressing the expression on Papyrus's face, instead of the pitiful look she had expected, she saw surprise, what she had just said was the most Papyrus had ever heard her say. After what she said about suicide sank in, the look on Papyrus's face almost instantaneously switched to a look of horror.

Frisk continued the story awkwardly, "Um... obviously, that didn't work, and I ended up in the underground instead. Before moving on, I promised myself I would never feel the pain of love again... but I did! I did and I still do now and I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!" Fisk raised her voice at the ending part. Then, she realized Papyrus was staring at her, open-mouthed.

 "Ahem, sorry... I decided to befriend all the monsters in the underground, because they had pure, unhurt hearts, some monsters in the underground needed a push in the right direction. I was right. I flirted my way out of things to cover up the pain that I had already felt, and, it worked! In the end, I had freed the monsters from the underground. There, standing at the sunset, I subconsciously realized that I loved your brother, but denied it with every fiber of my being. So... that's the story up to now!"

"BUT HUMAN..." Papyrus sniffled slightly, "WHY ARE YOU UPSET?"

"I..." Thinking about her last encounter with Sans, Tears welled up in Frisk's eyes. "I-i met Sans near Grillby's and..." Fisk trailed off, hiccuping badly.

"HUMAN?"

"I-i told Sans... I l-lied to him that... I-i told Sans I hate him."Frisk said tearily. "I told Sans that I hated him and that I never want to hang out with him. I told him that I-i hated him... but I can't! I couldn't! What I feel for Sans is stronger than everything I ever felt for anyone! I lo-" Frisk cut herself off once again, unable to say the word 'love'. Her chest was getting tighter.

"HUMAN, I COMPLETLY ACCEPT THAT YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR MY BROTHER, BUT..." Papyrus trailed off, looking forlorn.

"B-but?" Frisk stuttered, tears not stopping from the flow down her cheeks.

"HE IS ALREADY... HE'S ALREADY DATING."

***** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yet another cliffhanger! Sorry, this part is a tad short, but a friend was anticipating the arrival of this one. sorry! ;)