Wild Worry

Frisk sat at Sans's bedside, staring at his closed eyesockets. She was barely concealing her worry. Sans's health (HP) had cut itself in half in the past few days. He could hardly talk without coughing. It was getting worse. Frisk knew Sans was trying to conceal the blood on his covers, but his dry coughing had resulted in spurts of blood coming up. All the while, he was refusing to go to the doctor. 

Frisk was also worried about what Sans had said when she was out of the room, "God, it's hell in my head. not that it's usually any better." Sans's words echoed in her head. 

"Not that it's usually any better?" she mused in a quiet whisper, "Does he always hurt like this?" Frisk stared solemnly at the short skeleton, her eyes scanning the stains of blood on his bed sheets. "You know what?" She muttered, steeling her determination, "I'm calling Alphys... even though she doesn't know me in this timeline yet. If worst comes to worst, I will tell her about the resets." Frisk pulled out the ancient phone from Toriel in her pocket and dialed Alphys's number.

{In the call...}

Alphys: H-hello? This is the Hotland lab, A-Alphys speaking.

Frisk: Heya Alphys, Could you come to Sans and Papy's house, please? Sans needs medical attention, and quickly.

Alphys: U-Um... who is this?

Frisk: I'll explain later. Let's just say you've met me in another time...

Alphys: U-Um well I need verification... If you could get P-Papyrus on the phone that would be great.

Frisk: URGG I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR TH- fine.

Papyrus: HELLO ALPHYS! I WOULD LIKE YOU TO COME OVER AS WELL, AS THE HUMA-ENTITY EXPLAINED.

Alphys: O-Oh... Okay...

{Call end}

*******

Alphys looked around, gathering her coat and first aid kit. She set off towards the skeleton brothers' house, by (the river person's) boat. As she arrived, she hurriedly knocked on the door. Almost immediately, the door swung open to reveal the human she had been monitoring. Alphys jumped back in surprise.

"No time to dawdle Alphys, as I said, I'll explain later." Frisk crocked tilting her head to the side, making her dark eye bags particularly noticeable.

"O-okay." Alphys stuttered, confused, as she followed after Frisk, who was already halfway up the stairs.

Alphys strode smoothly into Sans's bedroom, only to jump back at the sight of Sans. "W-whoa! And here I came strutting in thinking t-this was a joke! He l-looks really badly off, I mean, his covers here... and his HP!"

"So... How do we fix him?" Frisk whispered lightly, not for one second taking here eyes off of Sans.

"Well... It's not going to be easy... no amount of healing will restore his health. I'm afraid we will only have to wait." Alphys sighed.

"WAIT?"Frisk roared, "WAIT? After all this time... I don't..." Frisk stopped talking, suppressing the tears of worry, rage, and fear.

"Y-you don't?" Alphys pressed, her curiosity taking over.

"I... don't want to lose him again."

"Again? You've l-lost him before?" Alphys was completely focused now, over-analyzing every word.

"It hurts..." Frisk murmured, too softly for Alphys to hear.

"H-Hu-" Alphys cut herself off as she heard a groan from behind her. "S-Sans!" Alphys called out, "How are you feeling?"

"heh, i told then not to get a (cough) doctor."

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!" Precisely at that moment, Papyrus burst into the room. "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR "IT'S FINE" BUESNESS. IT IS NOT FINE, AND I SUGGEST YOU ACCEPT THAT."

"it's f- (cough, cough)" Sans had yet another coughing fit, spurting blood into his bedsheets. He tried not to show it, but he was afraid for his life. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Frisk slip out of the room.

*******

Not being able to take the pain of seeing Sans suffer, Frisk slipped out of the room. Once outside, big, silent tears started rolling down her cheeks. "Why him! I've already seen him die once, not again!"

"A-Already seen him die?" A familiar voice interrupted her, sounding shaken. Frisk whirled around, wiping off her tears as she went.

"Might as well start from the beginning." Frisk sighed, little by little, the story of her past, the entirety of it, slipped out.

***** DONE! Chapter 17! I told myself to make this story 13-16 chapters long, but here we go! I am past my goals! Woohoo!****