Recovering

"W-what? C-could you r-repeat that?" Frisk stuttered in disbelief, the news not quite sinking in.

"HUMAN? MY BROTHER... SANS... HE IS ALREADY... HE'S ALREADY DATING."

"What? Who? Where? Why? When? Wh-" Frisk cut off her stream of questions with a ragged sob. "See? This is why I promised myself I would never feel love again!........................... Pap?"

"YES, HUMAN?"

"I need some alone time... can you leave me be?"

"YES... BUT THE MAXIMUM TIME YOU CAN STAY IN YOUR ROOM IS TWO DAYS. OKAY?"

"Y-yes Pap." Frisk responded to Papyrus's time restriction with a barely contained voice, it was as if the only thing keeping her from shouting was the fear if Toriel hearing.

"OKAY. GOODBYE HUMAN!"

***************

(Papyrus POV)

I backed slowly out of Frisk's room. Leaving her crying there made me kinda guilty... but the humans request still stood. The weight of the news I fad just given Frisk laid heavily on my shoulders, as well as keeping what she told me a secret. I went downstairs, only to be greeted by lady Toriel.

"Papyrus? What was Frisk so upset about?" She asked.

"SORRY, BUT I AM NOT PERMITTED TO SAY LADY TORIEL, I AM VERY SORRY."

"Why?"

"I GAVE MY SKELETONS HONOUR NOT TO TELL ANYONE."

"Well... okay... as long as their alr-" Toriel was cut off by high pitched scream, it sounded like it was in pain.

**************************

(Third person narration)

Frisk's door banged open to reveal a breathless Toriel and a worried Papyrus.

"My child? Are you alright?"

"NO! NO! OF COURSE I'M NOT ALRIGHT! I JUST GOT TOLD THAT......... no... no, I'm fine."

"Okay." Toriel said as she ushered Papyrus out of the room "You've got some explaining to do young man..."

"NO! YOU WILL NOT TELL HER"

"OKAY HUMAN" Papyrus responded somberly.

*****************

After Papyrus and Toriel rushed out of the room, Frisk sighed, 'I should keep quiet,' she thought to herself.

Before she knew it, all the thoughts she had been containing burst out in a rush. "Why, why, why, why, why! Why me! Why do I have to fall in love! Why can't I wall off my heart? Why do all my loves end horribly, why doesn't life work out! Why is it that everyone gets a perfect relationship! I mean look! Undyne loves Alphys, and Alphys loved Undyne; Papyrus likes Mettaton, and Mettaton undoubtedly, is head over heels for Papyrus. Why am I the only person whose relationship is a mess? Every. Single. Person. I. Have. Loved. Hates. Me." With that, Frisk turned to her pillow. Instead of screaming, she sobbed. Her body heaved as she tried to regain her breath and calm down.

As Frisk regained her composure, she stood up and when to the mirror. "God, why is it I'm always a mess after I cry... Okay, okay calm." Frisk slipped on her (metaphorical) mask as she gazed at her reflection. "Okay, I'll just pretend to be friends with Sans. I will not make it obvious I like him. Okay." Frisk slapped her face twice before looking into the mirror. **Seeing that you will be fine, you are filled with DETERMINATION. Save point loaded.** Frisk jumped, it was not very often she got a SAVE file loaded, in fact, it had been the first since she had gotten to the surface! Frisk looked into the mirror truly filled with DETERMINATION. She opened the door and strolled out.

****************

Frisk went to the bathroom first, she had to do something. First, Frisk splashed water on her face, giving it a refreshed look, and after, she went downstairs to face her foster mother, Toriel.

****************

"Mom? Can I say something?" Frisk said gently as she entered the kitchen. Without waiting for a response, Frisk continued on. "Don't worry about me 'kay? I'm fine." Frisk lied for the billionth time.

"Oh! My child!" Toriel spoke as if she hadn't heard the last sentence. "It's good to see you well. Would you like some pie?"

"Nah, I had some this morning. Anyway, I'm goin' out!"

"Er... okay... be careful my child!"

"Always am, always will be!" Frisk reassured her mom as she threw her striped sweater over her shoulder and rushed out the door.

*******************

"I may have said I'd be acting normally, but I have to go apologize to Sans. I will tell him I didn't mean the horrible things I said." Frisk had made up her mind, and she wasn't about to change it. Determined, she made her way to the house of Sans and Papyrus.

****Hey! You made it through the chapter! Sorry, this one isn't as emotional as the last one buuut I feel like it was getting too cheezy. Another mention: yes, yes, I know I haven't said... written WHO Sans is dating so... no need to lecture me about it! I just like building up the tension.  Thanks for reading this! Next chapter coming soon!*****