Chapter 7

*Courtney's POV*
After hearing Anthony explain that everything was just a prank, I had to leave the room. I didn't know where I was going, so I just ended up in some empty office. I couldn't hold it in any longer, so I start to cry. Shayne was possibly going to ask me out and it was all ruined by everyone's stupid prank and Tyler...Tyler. What was his deal anyways, I hadn't seen him in years and he just shows up out of nowhere. He's as creepy as he was in fifth grade.

I heard a knock on the door.
S: "Courtney, are you in here?"
C: "You can come in here Shayne."
He sees me crying and I try to wipe my tears away.
S: "You know you can tell me anything, right?"
He asked me this as he sat down on the ground next to me.
C: "Yeah I know. It's just that it's so upsetting that everyone would do that to us. Plus, Tyler shows up out of nowhere and acts like we're best friends even though we haven't seen each other in years."
He puts his arm around me and rubs my arm to comfort me.
S: "Yeah, something definitely seemed off about him. But some some creep showing up shouldn't effect your life. Just go on and ignore him, and he might get that you aren't his friend."
C: "You're right, I shouldn't worry about him. He's not important to my life, so I shouldn't pay him any attention. You always know how to make me feel better Shayne."
S: "What can I say, it's what I'm here for."
C: "Shut up."
I say playfully as I lightly shove my body into his.

We sat in silence for a little while just like this, both sitting in the floor with his arm around me. It was so relaxing and I could feel my troubles being washed away all because of him. I couldn't help but blush about this. Then I remember that Shayne was going to ask me something before we were interrupted, twice.
C: "Hey Shayne?"
S: "Yeah Courtney?"
C: "What were you going to ask me earlier before you were interrupted by Tyler and the prank text?"
S: "Oh that?"

He turns to face me so that we're both looking into each other's eyes. He puts one finger under my chin and slowly lifts it so that our noses are touching. He leans in with his lips almost touching mine. My blush intensifies as I realize what he's doing. We're about to kiss...*RING RING RING*