Chapter 18

*Shayne's POV*
When I woke up, my thoughts instantly drifted to Courtney. This isn't exactly the best start to the day considering how much I love her and how I know that we can't be together. I crawl out of bed, get dressed, and then make myself some waffles for breakfast. I then hop into my car and drive to the Smoffice.

The whole car ride, I can only think about how awkward it would be if me and Courtney ran into each other during the day, so I decided to avoid her at all costs.

I arrived at the Smoffice relatively early and go straight to the Squad's office. I sit down at my desk and start working on my computer. I was earlier than I thought I was since I was the only person in the office. Twenty minutes later, Keith and Noah finally show up and give me some company. After they get settled into their desks, Ian walks in.
I: "The whole Smosh crew will be having a meeting in the conference room in 30 minutes, so make sure that you're there."
K: "You got it."
N: "See you then."
S: "30 minutes, got it."

S: "Hey guys, the meeting starts in 10 minutes, wanna head over?"
N & K: "Yeah, let's go."

We head to the conference room and all sit next to each other. We just chill and talk.

As it was starting to get closer to the time, the others starting to come into the room. I wasn't really paying attention until Courtney walked in. She looked beautiful, but she wasn't looking at me. She sat down with Olivia on the other side of the room. After everyone settled in, Ian and Anthony gave their special announcement.

I was shocked to hear that I would be competing this time. There was only one problem to this, Courtney. I would either be on the same team as her or a different team as her. I didn't know if I could take either.

After the meeting, I get a text from Emily.

E: Hey Shayne, are we still down for a date some time next week?

S: Sorry, I can't. I'll be traveling for my job.

E: What about this weekend?

S: Im sorry that doesn't work either, I'll have family members visiting. We'll plan something when I get back, okay?

E: Okay...fine.

The whole part about my family was a lie. I'm just really confused and don't know if going on another date with her will help. I'm honestly considering breaking up with her. She's great, she really is, but she's not what I'm looking for.