Chapter 12

*Shayne's POV*
After leaving Courtney alone in the office, I wanted to be alone, so I went into the bathroom.

I gripped the edge of the counter and stared at my reflection. I can see the heartbrokenness in my eyes as I ask myself what just happened. Why was Courtney kissing him, she always complained about him. Questions like this filled my head and I was finally snapped out of it once I felt the searing pain from my grip on the counter. I thought about leaving, but what if I saw her, what would I do? What would she do? So, I just stayed in the bathroom. Who knows how long I'll be here. I might even wait until we can finally leave.

After not even 30 minutes in the bathroom, someone walks in. I avoid he contact and say that I'm not waiting. But then I hear someone say,
"I don't need to use the restroom, I need to talk to you."
S: "What the -" I look at the person and get cut off by seeing that it's Olivia.
S: "What are you doing in here, you're not supposed to be here."
O: "Like I said, I need to talk to you."
S: "If it's about Courtney, you're wasting your time."
O: "Just hear her out."
S: "No way, she's a liar."
O: "That's where you're wrong, the only person lying about Courtney is yourself."
With this she walked out of the bathroom, and left me standing by myself thinking about what she said.