Chapter 7: It hadn't passed

Alice

The nurse entered the room on a high noon where mom was folding my garments on the movable table, she informed us the we are free by near five, we have assessed the payments and my discharged was already declared yesterday.

I smiled back to the nurse and thanked her as she left. Mom opened the windows to let the Sunday morning shine on my face with a fresh air coming in, expelling the negativity of the room.

She set aside the clothes and went by my side, she hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder." Thank God you are going out of the hospital."she gently spoke, brushing my hair.
I sighed as I set my eyes on the window where the orange light reigns upon the city.
*
All is well until I am discharged.
We rode a cab back to our home. As we head there, My sight was fixed outside the window. Watching every shops and people we pass by, and every stops the cab makes I can't help but to look at people, then a thought would pop out saying 'How does it feels to be in this place?' I see a cute guy drinking coffee outside the coffee shop and a woman with a pet pug she walks on the side street. This place is very different to ours, not like its far away from the proper, it's just a few houses and we're in, like that.

Then I came to pass by a banner with the new proclaimed 'Ms. Dream' contestant. She was smart, pretty and one of the magazines I read about her is that she live a happy and simple life, how humble.
Why did not seized the opportunity of her popularity? Is it because it's her choice? Who wouldn't don the pride of being the most 'blessed' and boast it to others?

Woah, woah that's too much Alice. What're you thinking?! It's not you, this isn't you.

I slapped my self gently.
'I can't wait to go home and call my friends.' I changed my state of mind, to avoid that hideous thought.
*
We have arrived the house within forty minutes. As we put down our bags a stood in front of the house. Inhaled deeply, and exhaled loudly, 'home sweet home ' I whispered, mom told me I go first so I hurriedly ran to our front door, and when I rushed in, confetti and party poppers welcomed me.

"SURPRISE!"

The squad, Cole and Jake surprised me,

"Welcome home Alice!"
Jake blew party horn.

I was really, literally surprised that I just stood and covered my mouth with my two hands.
Mom went in and kissed me on the cheek," Surprise, sugarplum." she said. My eyes jerked tears, and left me sobbing

"Aunt Sally planned all this."Stella said.

" Because you've been in a rough situation this days Alice. Don't worry about Cole, he can take so much damage and he'll just walk it off." Val added tapping Cole with her fist.

There are so many foods in the table , of course there's pizza and more more stuffs that I went to it and checked.

"Oh you might wonder why there are so many foods, those are donations or let's call it " help" from my followers on instagram and twitter" Ley examined all of that stuff.

"You shared what happened to me?"

"Yeah, even Cole's." She showed me pictures of me sleeping and Cole with an oxygen attached to him while sleeping, with Valeen by his side, holding his hand.

Ley helped the two of us so much.

"At first it was the sympathy until they saw what happened to Cole, all came crashing in, so thank him." She said.

I glared at Cole noncommittally, he just shrugged and smirked.
"Well... I,brought you pizza." he said, his voice still unstable.

"Ugh! What's the connection?!"