Chapter 20: Upcoming Storm

The two made their way to Jake's room. It was just a five storey building with 14 rooms each floor. Going to Jake wasn't a problem, Alice got Cole beside her, and along the way he called Val what's going on to them, assuring they were still okay and promised to fetch them as soon as this objective is over.
Both walked through several rooms, one of the floors looked very silent, that made Alice thought none had rented the full lane of rooms.
Some floor had boarders, they get to pass by to some.

"Okay, I think, we're already here." Cole stopped, slowly nearing the door, Alice breathed silently, releasing the anxiety and nervousness that has stored while going up.

"I'll knock." Alice suggested grabbing Cole's sleeve gently. The boy, calmly stepped back and gestured his consideration.

Before opening the door, Alice stared at the window, dumbly squinting her eyes on the doorlens.
Just as before she could turn the knob, it clicked open.

Jake peeked a little from his door, then studying Alice, as soon as he found out he closed the door to unbind it.

"Alice! It's good you came and --- Cole? You're here too buddy?" He welcomed us. Cole nodded and raised his hand. "Sorry if I changed plans", he apologized.

Jake pulled the two into his room.

" So what's it that you're gonna tell me?", Alice impatiently asked, she noticed Jake's pacing , and made her quite irritated, "Jake, please knock it off.",she requested.

"Okay, this is very weird guys, It starts happen when we were at the resort."

Cole and Alice find their seats where they can pay attention. Jake suffered from pausing and and stuttering, Cole helped him calm down and settle for a while.

"I'm starting to lose myself, guys." He started. "T-t-this all started from the day we w-went out for a pool party..."

Alice's heart raced, guilty of what she did to Jake, her sight shifted between the two boys silently, doing her best to remain calm and unnoticeable.

"Yeah? Can you still recall what happened, back there? At the resort?" Cole asked.

"That'.....that's t-t-the other p-problem, man. I can't remember t-things exactly, I, er-I-I don't know." He groaned , and held his head.

"You need to drink some water to callm you down." Cole concluded standing up.
Jake nodded weakly, His buddy helped him sit down and went to the kitchen.

Only Alice and Jake were left at that time, the girl remained silent and observant, refraining to talk, Jake starts to shiver slightly, and slowly fixing his eyes to Alice.

"You were there, I remember." He began, Alice sharply turned to him, "Are you sure?" She said, getting nervous.

Cole went in with a glass of water, while gerting towards the two, Jake burst his words.

"Cole! Alice. Alice was there at that time. She can help us!" He called, pointing to Alice. Jake's friend turned his gaze to the girl, his look mixed with interest and confusion.
"Okay?" Cole spoke putting down the glass of water.

"He was sleepwalking remember!" Alice objected, voice getting tense.
"You're right. Jake, are you sure? You might just be dreaming you know." Cole said.

Jake shook his head rapidly, "No, no,no,no,no, she was there!"

Cole calmed him down by patting his back slowly, in exchange, Jake breathed heavily.

Alice helped in settling, and when everythings fine, they tried their luck again.

"Maybe it was really a dream. All I remember is that I was teasing about a stupid stone, then it glowed, after that it zoomed right into me and-and..." They heard a soft sob, feeling the stress, Jake didn't speak after that, he sobbed and whimpered.