Chapter 12:Keeping it cool.

Alice
"So what's next after we had breakfast?" Ley asked.

"I don't know, maybe we go swimming?" Suggested Seline, taking a bite on the pancake.
"Ummm...We could go sunbathing after." Val said too.

"Sun's not that hot this day, and I love it. But too bad, Stella's not here with us." Myla reconsidered the situation without her squeaky friend.

Upon a happy breakfast, I can't shake the fear out of my head as I look at Jake, I hope he don't remember what happened last night.

He's kind of tired up until now, staying silent.

"Hey Jake, what 'append to you, y'look sleepy up unt'l now?" Cole patted Jake's shoulder putting on a little force, "Ow! What the fuck?!" He shouted, the three girl's chat was interrupted and Cole's hand was suspended mid air upon His bestfriends reaction. My eyes widened for his sudden action. Adding up to my fear.

"W-woah. Dude, look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pat you that hard." Cole calmly said, placing his hands catiously to his friend's back.

Jake, who seemed to realize what he did, tried to recover himself. "Uh.. I... i should be the one who should say sorry..." He weakly said.

"Why, what happened?" Val asked, starting to get concerned too.

"Uh....I, I don't really....know...m-my shoulders...hurt...".

That statement made my heart race, thinking he might've remebered what happened last night.

"Maybe it's because of your sleepwalking? That y'had bumped your shouldes into something?"said Cole, pouring milk on his glass.

Jake shrugged and just stared at the pancakes. " I...I remembered, A-Alice was outside..."he weakly mumbled.

"I guess you really are dreaming. I...I was just sleeping,w-with them!" I stuttered.

"Okay, It's morning and we're having breakfast, I don't want anyone of you to break this good mood we had today. Clear?" Val said. "You guys could forget those thoughts,let's enjoy for now, c'mon guys!"

Cole had boosted the statement of her boo, as usual, and  everybody seems to agree.
I mean this day's meant for me, so why should I let this kind of event ruin the whole of it?

It's just, I worry for Jake's situation thought. He's so pale, blank and weak. Is this the effects of that stone?

After breakfast we settled for a while to digest our food, as usual, Ley is on her phone, taking selfies of herself, probably posting it right now. Myla and Seline , talking to each other under a palm tree.
And I sat on a beach bench staying under the warm sun, wearing my sunglasses, relaxing, unnerving myself , isolating myself from the real world. But a shadow eventually shaded me, I come to take off my eyewear and saw Jake standing next.

"Oh, you're here. Now, what?" I asked, grabbing my glass of juice.
"What happened last night? I mean, I saw you, strolling around the resort."

That surprised my heart and skipped a beat. He then sat to a bench next to me, agitated and haggard.
"Hey, why don't you...relax, just take off what's bothering you right now."

"You could've just answer my question!" He growled softly. Then he snapped his eyes and shook his head.

I got confused by what he just did, really? He growled on me? Like he can't even hit a girl, but try to shout on them? "What...do you mean Jake?"

"A-Alice, I...I'm so sorry, it's--it's ,ugh..." He frowned,his head down.

"Y-yes, I was there because I can't sleep." I said

"Yes...yes what I saw is you last night... But strange... I--er, remeber I was holding a stone and --and it floated and consumed me." He carefully recalled what happened to him.

"Maybe it was just a dream you had Jake, remember you're sleepwalking at that time. So maybe you got fast asleep and dreamed." I said, intending to change his mind upon the event.

"I guess... It's true...maybe I got fast asleep.... But I don't understand why did I got so tired like this."

"That's why you're here today Jake. Say, want to go down the pool?" I offered.

He seemed to agree, agreeing what I've all said. Believing it was just part of his disorder.

He stood and and took a deep breath,"Well, do you mind if you'll join me? I mean, Seline and the others are already there, come on." Offering me his hand. 
For a second there, I didn't knew Jake could get over from a heavy situation, he is so calm after all of this. Almost forgetting something strange is happening to him now.

He went down the pool slowly,  allowing his skin to adjust to the temperature, he looked back to me saying," Come now, Alice. The water's partially warm here."

"Alright, alright, I'm coming. Just give me a sec." I replied, putting down my reflector and my sunglasses on the bench, Jake went to go down even further.
After he plunged himself down and watch him swim to our friends, I kept on pondering  what might happened next to him. Jiro must've tricked me along the way. Telling me there's no cost, no consequences, nothing to sacrifice. My mind began to overthink again, overloading with surging thoughts, anxious, scared.

But alas, the splashes of water from the pull temporarily washed what's been hoarding my mind, Val and the others are there, Jake is trying his best to enjoy the pool party.

I smiled, with a little worry left on me. Stepping at the edge of the gutter watching them play.
"Hey Alice come down now! You're missing the fun!" Ley called, Cole did the same, and the rest.