Chapter 18: Call me maybe?

Alice

I stayed cool for a while, avoiding to make myself obvious, I simply patted my pocket or my bags if I was able to keep it away from them, unfortunately I haven't found it.

My heart pounded slowly, trying to recall where did I put it, nor when was the last time I had the stone.

I checked the gang, Stella had their attention, that gave me time to search for it further.
Thirty minutes has passed and I haven't found the stone, I just got tired of finding it.

As I went back to the gang their things are already with them, Val said they'll be going, so does the rest, they all gave me a hug and reassured me if I were okay.  And if I'm ready for class tomorrow.

"Welp, I guess tomorrow is another surprise" I said to them.

In a short while they left the house, and waved me goodbye.
I remain outside watching them go. I've come to think I should call Mom again. It's been a while she haven't even called me, the phone kept ringing, yet no one still answers it, I tried it four times before giving up and went inside.

I got into my room and changed clothes, at the same time looking for the stone into my room or underneath my furnitures. I sighed in grief, and slammed myself into bed.

Hmmm, I think I should call someone, maybe Jake, I hope he's not in his maniac state, it's going to be night and I guess he'd be calm down  this time.

"Hello?" I greeted

"Alice? You called." Jake replied

"How you doin now there, Jake?"

"Uuugh yeah, I'm fine, just got a little headache, I just can't control myself this afternoon."

"Yeah, we were wondering what happened to you, you're just...ugh I don't know, we thought you scored some weed secretly!"

"Ahahahahha! That's what I also thought! But really I don't know what's happening to me a while ago, honestly I messed up my room, yeah."

"You were that energetic huh?"

"I'm not that playful, or hyperactive, I really feel strange."

"Uh huh?  Well how about if I go to your apartment tomorrow afterclass how's that?"

"Well that would be great! I'll tell Co--"

-static sounds occurred on both phones-

"Hello? Jake? You still up? What's happening?"

"Alice?"

"Oh god Jake what happened?"

"You can't come tomorrow."

"Wait what?  But you just said it'll be great?"

"I said no, you can't come. Bye."

-call ended-

What the hell was that? Jake went mentally ill and went bipolar? Regardless, I'm going to his apartment tomorrow.

Jake

"Aaaagh my head hurts again! I wasn't able to talk to her anymore! Ugh what's wrong with me? I kept on having headaches!"  I said to myself, falling on the floor after a static screeching cut off our call. It's like vertigo plus dizziness combined, feeling that I'm going to puke anytime.

I kept lying on the ground closing my eyes tight, counting upto ten, panting, tension, until it stopped all of a sudden. I gasped with relief and breathed deeply, I reached for my phone again and tried calling Alice again.

"Jake. You got something to add?" Alice answered my call off tone, sad.

"Hey , uh what time are you coming here again?"

"What? But you just said don't."

"Wait,I said that?"

"Yes. What's the problem?"

"I didn't say anything like it!"

"O----k?"

"Don't mind it. Alice, please come here tomorrow noon, I'm going to tell you something."

"Couldn't you just say it now?"

"I can't explain it any further if we're on phone. Please come. I think I need help."

"But I have class tomorrow!"

"Oh yeah right! Then after dismissal, please come."

"What about Cole, you said something about him?"

"Nevermind that, change of plans, only you will know what I'll tell tomorrow."

"Okay then, see you tom Jake."

"M'kay. Bye."

-call ended-

After that call I went to the CR looked myself at the mirror. "What's wrong with me?" I thought to myself, touching my face my chest and staring at my arms, my forearms.

Wait.... I remember....I kinda remember what happened to the VR last night. Shit! Shit! It's not happening!

My phone vibrated on the counter. It was Cole who texted me. It reads:

Cole: Dude, you okay now? You have any problems you wanna talk to?

I replied:  I'm fine now. And I don't have any problems.

-You sure buddy?

Yeah, of course.

-Because, I thought you're ....

Going insane? No. I just don't want to talk about it anymore.

-Look Jake I'm just worried about you. If there's anything I can help I would.

Thanks pal. To be real I don't know what's going on right now.

-Care to share to me?

No,not for now Cole.

-I understand Jake. Be sure your okay and calm there okay?

Hahahahah, definitely.

- Okay, maybe I'll come there on a tuesday, we'll talk about it. Or I will treat you to eat out if you want to.

Don't sweat it Cole, it's fine if you just come here.

-That's why I love you buddy.

Well I love you too.

-Come over here pal, let's make out.
-Cum*

What the fuck?!

-Hahahahahahaha! Old time habits buddy!

You skank! Lucky you're away from me! I could've fuck you right away!

-It's nice if we really said it face to face!

Yeah just like in highschool.

-Yeah, we really are crazy, not just, this morning. Man! You look like you scored some weed!

Yeah right, And so do I thought too.

-Well if there's anything you need, or if  you need help. Don't hesitate, okay?

Of course buddy.

-Call me.

Maybe?

-Shut up! It's like a song!

I know right!

-Well,hav 2 go to sleep Jake. U 2, take sum rest.

-Conversation end-