Chap 25: Trapped Feelings

(Third Person POV)

-A few days later after your recovery-
You were finally out of the hospital, and of course, you were very happy about it. You finally have the freedom to do anything you want since in the hospital you could only stay in the bed except going to the toilet. Despite the suffering, Sugawara always accompanied you. He would tell what would is the team doing, and he would tell funny stories just to made you laugh. You were thankful for his company over the days, and because of that you invited him to go to the upcoming firework festival together.

Sugawara accepted your invitation and he'll come to pick you up at 5pm. "Don't forget to wear a yukata (Y/N)-chan!" Sugawara grinned.

You felt you could squealed like a dolphin, because you were too happy and definitely, excited. Pink tint spread on your cheeks, is it usually the boy who asks the girl out? Yet, it's the opposite for you. In the other hand, Sugawara was also glad. He couldn't wait for the time where he'll see you, and spent time with you. He actually was going to invite you first, but you beat him to it. The team was also going to the firework festival, and he knew the team would tease him for this.

-Time skip brought to you by Zoro's three sword skills *add some gibberish fighting sounds*

You hummed happily, while brushing your (h/c), silky hair. Now, you're preparing yourself for the fireworks show. Meeting your crush is a special thing, you could be nervous right? Like in those shoujo anime where the boy or the girl of the main character in the story would confess to their crush in school rooftop, classic. You were planning you're going to confess to Sugawara, and you will confess to him no matter the cost it would be.

A knock interrupted your thoughts, revealing your mother who was calling you. You got up, and you took a purse to put your things in. Things such as your phone, and your wallet. Your mother was smiling so bright you couldn't think what is going on her mind. "I never knew you would brought a date here, (Y/N)," Your mom said, and you almost tripped on the stairs hearing that. You were starting to get flustered, but you hid it anyways. "Mom," You complained, "Seriously, I didn't ask him to be my date or something."

Your mom smiled nevertheless, she had brought Sugawara to the living room and had tea with her. She did that as a thanks and she even give a gift to him. Sugawara was hesitant at first, but your mom insist, so there was no choice but to accept it. By the time, you were talking with your mom, Sugawara couldn't help but to notice you.

(Dōzo! Choose your fav yukata from the pic above! 😋 I personally like the purple one)

He saw you in a pretty yukata, patterned in a specific way he can't describe. The yukata looked perfect on you, and he can't help but be speechless about it. Sugawara all of a sudden blushed, he immediately covered half of his face with one of his hands. You felt a little bit shy when you saw Sugawara, tint pink showed on your cheeks. "K-koushi-kun, um, y-you didn't wait too long right?" You asked, stuttering a bit. Sugawara shook his head, telling you he arrived a few minutes ago and it was fine to wait for you. Then, before you both went outside, your mom whispered to you, "Good luck on your date, and be careful of your dad. He might be overprotective you know, being the stalker he is."