Chapter 3 - Pepto Princess

When Lio got to the barn, a man in a wheelchair was waiting to greet her. The man greeted Lio with a smile.

"You must be the girl Saffron was watching," The man said holding out a hand. "I'm Chiron,"

"Pardon, watching? I'll probably be going now. I don't want any stalkers." Lio said.

"Not that way. He's been protecting you from monsters," the man said, chuckling,

"Last I checked I was the one who killed Echidna and Lamia, not Saffron, so I think it's likely that he'll drop dead twice, not me," Lio said in aggravation.

"I don't think he wants to look as dead as you." Said a girl in a pepto bismol pink dress with identical puke worthy pink makeup.

"Oh, I wasn't aware that this so-called camp was inhabited by grotesque pink princesses."

"I wasn't aware that a chrome-plated drag was joining our cause."

"I wasn't aware either," said Lio, glancing at a fidgeting Saffron. "Can somebody get this ankle-biter out of my sight and explain to me what's going on?" At that the Pepto Bismol Princess pulled out a bronze knife with a pink hilt.

"Let's all calm down. Cynthia, put the knife away. This is a camp for demigods. A safe haven if you will-" Said Chiron.

"There must be a mistake. There is absolutely no way I am the child of a god," Lio interrupted.

"That's what they all say," Cynthia sighed.

"Do you have ADHD?" Chiron asked.

"No, I have ADD. I'm sorry to waste your time, But you've got the wrong person!" Lio said.

"One of your parents 'left you when you were young'? Do you have dyslexia? Ever tried reading ancient greek?"

"Yes, yes, and no. I suppose you think this proves your point? one in three children live without a father, and one in five students have a reading disability."

"What are the odds that you fall under both categories? When you try to read, I don't suppose the words dance along the page."

"Fine, the likelihood may be that I am, in fact, a demigod."

"Cynthia can show you the instructional video."

"I won't see any instructional video. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go get my bag from my car."

"Bag?"

"Yes. I always have a bag packed for a spontaneous getaway."

"She's got to be kidding," Said Cynthia in a harrowing sassy tone. "What a paper shaker!"