Chapter 20 - Chatting With the Coma Girl

Bored, and with nothing to do, Emmali walked back into camp and into the infirmary, sitting beside the fallen girl. She noticed a couple blonde people busying themselves, organizing the room. She’s pretty cute, and looks like them, Emmali thought, looking at the injured girl’s blonde hair.

    A girl with a swollen green eye walked in. That’s quite odd, Emmali thought. Why isn’t it bandaged? Behind her, another blonde walked in, grabbing a bandage, and some rubbing alcohol. She looks like me, Emmali thought.

“I’m no weakling, Will, but you’re not putting alcohol on my eye when I’m awake,” the girl with the green eye said.

“We have anesthesia. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” Will said. They walked into a room with some surgery equipment.

    Emmali sighed and readjusted her hair, looking at the sleeping girl. Suddenly, her hand twitched and her eyes flicked. Mr. Thump walked up to the girl and licked her hand, wagging his tail.  The girl looked at the hellhound and screeched. Thump flattened his ears and walked back towards Emmali, tail lowered as if he had done something wrong. “It’s alright,” Emmali reassured him.

    “That thing attacked me! Why did you let it in?” The girl shouted in a shrill voice, scooting back towards the head of her bed. Mr. Thump made a derisive noise and rested his head onto Emmali.

    “Don’t worry, he’s friendly” Emmali reassured the girl. “It was another hellhound that chased you. I don’t know why, though.”

    “Who are you?” the girl asked, “Is this Camp Half-Blood? Is there food here? What happened to me?” Emmali took a deep breath and sighed.

    “I’m Emmali. You are currently at the infirmary at Camp Half-Blood because you passed out. It’s my first day here, so I’m not sure about the food here. The horse dude should know.”

    “Do you mean Chiron?” the girl asked.