Chapter 17 - Adoni Falls Down a Hill

***Written by Adoni_Pike1261***

As the shadow drew closer, Adoni froze in place, mimicking the dark bushes around her. It was vital that she was not seen, so soon after stealing the supplies. She looked around quickly, and lugged the bike to the next shrub, staying concealed in the leafy greens. Almost there... as soon as she got to the road, she would be safe.

A low growl came from the bush she had just left.

No human could make a noise like that.

Giving up stealth altogether, she dropped her bike and ran for the line of cars.

The large shape, moving with surprising speed, followed.

***

It had been following her for hours. Dawn was breaking, and she had made it so far, driving on instinct in the very scratched and bent car she had stolen. She had planned to bike, but the arrival of the monster had complicated things. A lot. She didn't even know how to drive. Then, the car started to slow down.

I must be out of gas. I'll have to run the last bit. Great. She started to run, but the Hellhound was faster. Almost there... She was almost past the pine tree at the top of a tall hill, just as the huge Hellhound caught up. It raked her legs with its claws, just before she made it past the boundary. Safe. No time to kill it now, though. Even if I could.
"It's so adorable!" someone said. Adoni looked around, but no-one was there. Great. Now i'm hallucinating.

The hellhound paced outside the boundary, but was unable to enter. With a sigh of relief, Adoni turned and tried to start moving.

Oh gods, Her leg buckled, unable to support her weight, she hit the ground, and the world turned black.