Chapter 9 - Ghostly Visions

Lio had returned to camp, even less liked (surprised?). Word had gotten out that she had killed her stepfather, and nobody would even go near her. Chiron thought it best that Lio slept in her own room, after half the Hermes cabin had started sleeping outside, rather than be in the same room as Lio. She felt bad about it, because she thought the Hermes cabin deserved to sleep in the cold, but it was alright with her.

"I don't know what came over me, Chiron! I'm just as bad as he is. Slightly worse! I deserve the same fate as I gave him."

"Your father would do worse things than you did to him."

"I don't want to be like the gods! They're all the same. Hades, Apollo-"

"What experience do you have with Apollo?"

"I don't know... I just feel like he's done something to me... Something bad... I don't know what I've done... I don't even know if I feel bad."

"Listen, come to capture the flag tonight. It'll make you feel better. You're with Ares."

***

"Hades, you guard the border!" Bellowed Ryker, the counselor of Ares cabin. It was the most reasonable place to put Lio. She couldn't be trusted to guard the flag, and she couldn't have the glory of taking the flag. What Lio knew was they had others to guard the border. She could really do whatever she wanted without any guilt, a feeling she was sick of.

When the game started, Lio walked up along the border. There was really no point in going towards camp, and she wanted to find out more about the forest. Lio started jogging into the unfamiliar parts and took a break. She shivered in the cold weather. Lio saw a figure walking towards her. Is that Cynthia? Lio asked herself. Why would she be this far from the game? Lio walked towards Cynthia.

"What are you doing here, Cynthia?" Lio asked, her tone as cold as the weather.

"I could ask you the same thing, Lio," Cynthia pulled out her pink dagger. "I don't suppose you're plotting more ways to terrorize the camp?"

"If anything, the camp is terrorizing me."

"If it is then why don't you leave? Actually, I think I'll make you leave." At that Cynthia shoved her dagger through Lio's left eye. "You don't belong here, Soul." Cynthia shoved her blade through Lio's chest, but not before Lio turned into a ghostly figure. That was something Lio had never done before, and had never heard of a Hades child doing.

"This is rad," Lio breathed, and started running as fast as she could from an enraged Cynthia. When Lio couldn't run anymore, she lay on the floor, exhausted, and turned back to human. Lio couldn't stay awake much longer, so she fell into a deep, deep sleep. It's cold were Lio Soul's last thoughts before a long, restful sleep.