Chapter 17

I saw Jake come coming back. I unconsciously smiled. It was becoming a reflex.

"Alright, let's go beautiful", he said with a huge grin.

I followed after him to his car. His ass looks good in those jeans. I shook that thought away. I shouldn't be thinking that. Damn, I just barely noticed an obvious detail. We ended up in a small diner with a vintage feel. The waiter took our order. He actually looked cute but my eyes found their way back to Jake. He was glaring at the waiter and gave our orders in a rude way.

"Jake?" I said confused.

"Yeah?" he responded.

"Why were you being mean to the waiter, you jerk?! He was nice", I scolded.

He shook his head as if he couldn't believe me.

"He was obviously checking you out. I was only warning him to stay away", he said exasperated.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What is he talking about?

"You're crazy. He wasn't checking me out", I said.

"Uh, yeah he was. You're so clueless sometimes Leslie".

"What are you talking about you delusional boy?"

"You're a very beautiful girl Leslie, of course he's going to check you out".

My heartbeat seemed to speed up at his words. Does he really think I'm very beautiful?

"Even if he was, it wasn't your business for you to interfere".

His eyes held so many conflicting emotions that disappeared in a blink, showing nothing.

"You're completely right".

For a while it was tense between us. The only reason for him to act like that was because he likes me but I can't trust him. I admit that a part of me just wants to let it all go and try to see if I can fall for him and maybe he could fall for me. It's only a silly dream that can't happen in reality because it never does. When we had our food and started eating the tension faded and we began chatting as if nothing happened.

I guess we're good at avoiding the problem. When we were laughing I noticed he had food in his teeth. Even when he stopped laughing I was still chuckling. He raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"What?" he said.

"Um..." I began with a huge grin.

"What?!"

"You have a little something", I said pointing at my teeth.

His eyes widened and he blushed as he tried getting the food out. It was adorable. I snickered at his embarrassment.

"Is it gone?" he said showing his teeth.

"Yes", I replied smirking.

He scowled and his beautiful blush faded away slowly.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed. It happens to even the best of us", I said in a patronizing tone.

His scowl became even deeper and I wanted to laugh but I resisted.

"It's not funny Leslie", he warned with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Uh, yes it is", I said.

He grew an evil smirk and leaped to where I was to tickle me. As he tickled me I felt like I couldn't beneath from how hard I was laughing. I struggled to get away from his grasp.

"S-s-stop!"

"Nah".

He continued to tickle me until he noticed we were getting lots of stares. I blushed and he left cash for the food, took my hand, and hurried out with me. We ended up laughing for no reason. When we finished we noticed we were still holding hands. His eyes widened in surprise but I saw joy. I became scared. I think he saw it because he let go of my hand. I missed it but no, I couldn't continue it.