Chapter 1- Home Sweet Home

Harley's Point of view

I got out of the squad car that brought me to my house. I was about to go and press the button to open the gate when the police officer started talking.

"I don't want to hear about any trouble from you, I pulled a lot of strings to get you out of your probation, three strikes and it's back to juvenile detention you understand?" he asked.

I just nodded, giving him my signature smirk, and he sped off, he was slowly becoming a good friend of mine, the police officer. Devon had been a guard at my juvenile detention center and he was the one to drop me off today. Of course he had warned me to behave, the last thing he wanted was to hear that I had been arrested, again. I was determined to be a little better I planned on behaving just enough to stay out of jail. It's not like it had been particularly fun, or as cool as television shows made it out to be.

As the gate opened, I thought about the family I was going back to. My mom, Christine, and dad, Caden, were the CEOs of a huge business and didn't have the time for their four kids. There was my older brother Matt who was twenty-one, and living in Arizona studying engineering, I had a younger brother who was four, his name was Conner, and last was my twin sister Hailey. With the exception of Matt, I never really got along with any of my family. Conner was barely two when I was in jail, he probably didn't even remember me.

I rang the bell and the door swung open. My mother took one look at me and screamed for my father.

"Hello to you too." I muttered and followed her inside.

I walked into the kitchen where my dad was and he took one look at me and grabbed my mom into another room and left me there. I heard muffled talk.

"What is she doing here I thought she was in juvie."

"How am I supposed to know?." The sound of ruffled papers filled the silence until my father spoke again. "Christine she was released today without parole."

They came back out with huge fake smiles on their faces and they hugged me and took me upstairs to the fourth floor.

"Listen Harley, we were only concerned because we weren't sure if you got released or broke out," my dad said sheepishly.

"Always expecting the worst from me aren't you?" I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

"We don't want any bad behavior from you understand that right? We don't want you back in juvie now do we?" My mom says. She smiled and looked at me like she actually cared about me. I opened my mouth to respond but she cut me off. "We can't have the company looking bad now can we?" She said smiling at my dad.

I scowled these were the parents I knew. One loud mouth mom and a quiet dad. Without another word I opened the door to my room, walked in and quickly closed it hoping they would get the message that I didn't want to talk. Thankfully they understood and I heard retreating footsteps and my mom say, "dinner is at seven, and then you can catch up with the rest of the family."

I started looking around my room, it had a black and white theme and it was definitely my style, but I still wanted to buy some rock band posters and a couple other things to perfect it. I checked the clock and realized I had a lot of time before dinner and I decided to look around the property. To say it was big was an understatement, there was a huge backyard with a pool, patio, and a grassy area the size of a football field.

The first floor had a family room, kitchen, gym, dining room, study, and garage. I went up the stairs to the next floor where I saw Connor's room, a playroom for Connor, guest room, my parent's room and a library. Hailey has the whole third floor and I decided not to look. Then finally my floor which has my bedroom, living room with a mini fridge, and bathroom, it even had a balcony.

It was four by the time I was done exploring and I decided I should get ready for dinner and to meet the devil herself, Hailey. It wasn't that I hated Hailey, I don't think I ever could, I wasn't that way, she was my sister I knew deep down I did love her but she was the spitting image of my cold-hearted mother and that was something I didn't want nor need in my life.

I continued to get ready whilst trying not get distracted by all the new things in my room, and things to explore. I saw a phone on the table but I was never into electronics and I honestly didn't even have a reason or addiction for one like everyone else in my generation call me old fashioned but it was how I've always been.

Before I went to take a shower, I noticed there was absolutely none of the things I needed. No soap, brush, not even toothpaste. I rolled my eyes, typical. I decided to go to a couple stores to get what I needed. Seeing as I was barely fifteen when I went to prison, I did not have a license. I searched up directions to a store and started walking with My Chemical Romance blasting through my earbuds.

I went into the store and grabbed what I needed. As I was leaving I saw my reflection in the store window. It freaked me out sometimes how similar Hailey and  I looked. A quick glance and you could confuse me for her or her for me. It had always bothered me. At least in prison Hailey wasn't there to be confused with. Here, everyone would think I was Hailey again just like before. I scowled at the thought.

I saw a hair salon across the street and I decided to dye my hair. That would ensure that no one would confuse me with her ever again. As I left the salon I can't stop looking at my once blonde hair which was now a light turquoise that I was completely in love with. It really made my grey eyes pop. I loved hair dye it made you different and no one could ever say I looked like Hailey because now I didn't.

I finally got home around six and quickly ran into the shower and got ready. I hopped out and put in all my piercings. I actually got a few piercings while I was still in juvie, it wasn't the safest method but it worked because now I have a tongue piercing, three ear piercings each, a belly button ring, and a nose piercing.

I brushed my hair and since it was naturally straight and I just parted it to the side. I then put on mascara and a little bit of concealer. I went to my closet and grabbed my clothes. I put on ripped skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, I put on some black boots and went downstairs ready to meet my twin sister. I made my way downstairs and I finally saw Hailey in the family room with her friends. I suddenly got very excited, it would be so fun to embarrass her.

"Hailey! Sis it's been too long. I haven't seen you since freshman year, you know before juvie!" I practically screamed.

I went to hug her and as I pulled away I saw her pale face flush red and I noticed all her friends were behind her, she was still embarrassed of me.

"Who is she Hailey?" Someone questioned from behind her.