Chapter 2

Cal POV:

When I wake the next morning I notice Mare isn't beside me. Probably still pissed about yesterday.

When I go downstairs I notice she is actually in the dining hall helping some children get food. She might have been the one to kill Maven but she'll never admit to being kind hearted.

I turn to go before we get in another fight but its to late, she spotted me. But then her eyes drift behind me and become as big as saucers.

Turn around she mouths and I don't know what to expect. But I'll tell you I wasn't expecting my little brother.

I instantly go into fighting mode, not for me but more or less to protect Mare and the children who are very clearly scared.

"Hello everybody, it is clear you thought you killed me but I guess not. After all my illusions are beginning to improve tremendously." He waves his hand and I look behind me only to find all the children are blocked off with an invisible wall. Luckily Mare made it to my side.

"Let me make this very clear," he starts saying "You will die (points at Cal) and you my love will come with me and die in front of everybody considering the red look up to you like you're their goddess." Mare instantly has bravery in her eyes and I know what's about to happen but there is no way I can stop it, not even fire was fast enough to stop Maven from disappearing and getting behind Mare with a knife at her throat. 

I'm instantly running.

Mare POV:

I didn't see him, and neither did Cal. We only saw him once he was behind me. By then it was much too late and I could already feel the hot metal at my throat. My appearance to look brave was instantly gone and so was my ability to make lightning.

Cal noticed this as well and Maven laughed.

"Sorry the blade is made out of silent stone which means you'll be weak for awhile." He says whilst he makes a thin line of blood around my neck. I snarl in pain because it really does hurt.

All at once I feel myself drain I only see Cal running towards us before I pass out.

Maven POV:

She passes out! Really that girl is obviously a red even with a silver power. She can't take the pain and apparently neither can Cal. As soon as I look up I see him running and I know that look in his eyes. Oh well I've surpassed him now.

I decide to disappear and he begins to look around like a lost dog. I'd never say this out loud but all this shielding is beginning to drain me. Any second and Im about to loose it so I decide to save myself instead of killing Cal.

At least I have one of them. I have a feeling that Cal will be upon me shortly. In which time I will be ready and I will kill him.

I realize he'll never come if Mare is dead so I will send him a message every day to prove that Mare is alive. Once he gets to me I'll kill him, my plan is perfect.

 I exit the building and immediately turn off my shield that way I can actually carry Mare instead of drag her whilst dragging myself.

When I get to the plane I look at her pale face then remember Cal's face when she fainted, I laugh because I've won.

Hey guys so I hope this chapter was a bit better than the first one. Remember the next time I update for this book will be Thursday. I uploaded this early because I felt like the first chapter was crappy so here ya go. Tomorrow Ill probably upload Hawaii 5-o. Thanks for reading and tell me what you think and if you have any ideas feel free to comment!