Chapter 13

Kilorn POV:

This was my job. To get Mare and myself as far away from the fight as possible. I could hear the silvers behind me, but all I could do was to keep running. I knew there was someone who was telekinetic considering all the falling trees I had to dodge.

If it was just me by myself I probably would have given up by now. But I was holding Mare's life in my hands right now. I wouldn't let myself or her get caught. Before I could process it, a tree fell tripping me. I fell to the ground ashamed. I probably didn't get a hundred meters.

Mare was still unconscious which is a bad sign. I stand up and face the silvers. I also make sure to put my body in between them and Mare. I cannot lose her again. I won't.

They all chuckled and I knew why. This was a lame attempt to protect her. Suddenly a force came out of me like no other. I don't know where I got the energy.

A force ripped through me and it made me scream. A burst of energy flew out of my hands and I flew backwards. At first I thought it was the silvers. They must have shot me and made me fly back. But when I look up one of the silvers is blown about 100 yards away, not moving.

I get up and look at Mare. Do I have Silver powers? I wonder if this is what happened the first time she used hers. Time to explore this some more.

I got up and put my hands out in front of me. I know my anger triggered the first surge of... wind I think? So I thought about Mare, and how she had been beaten on live TV for all Reds to see. Suddenly it came to me again.

A tornado began forming in my hands. It was so small at first that the silvers began to laugh. But it got bigger and bigger. With all my emotion I pushed it towards them. They all were sucked in and flew out. None of them moved.

I had no idea how Cal was doing, but I think I'm doing ok here.

Sorry for the tiny filler chapter. I just wanted Kilorn to have his moment. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed.