Chapter 14

Cal POV

"Why are you still standing here, we already have Mare just leave." I yell to Maven from across the plain.

"You really think that dofus of a Red can take on multiple Silvers. You've gotten crazy brother." He yells back. But I have seen Kilorn do some pretty interesting things. I think he may have powers of his own.

"Then they will retrieve her and take her back to your castle, there is no need to spill so much blood brother." I say. As much as I want to kill him, I don't want the people to die too.

"The only blood that will be spilt," He raises his hands, "Is Red!" He shouts and immediately after all of the Silvers charge.

"Come on!" I yell behind me and all the Reds begin running too.

A Nymph tries to drown us but Masie, a Red, creates a hole in the earth and all the water just goes down. Everyone is holding their own so I go and try to find Maven.

This must be the definition of fighting fire with fire. Maven has the same power as I do so I will have to get creative. I don't know how else I am going to win.

The one thing I have going for me is my determination to protect everyone. Maven doesn't care about his soldiers, he only fights for his own greedy needs. That is why he is a bad king, and that will be his down fall.

I unsheathe my sword and let the fire from my bracelet consume it. Then I feel something else. I look at my sword and see sparks come out of it. It's lightning.

My mind remembers right after we thought we killed Maven Mare took my sword. She said she did something to enhance it but hoped I'd never have to use it. She put her power into my weapon. Now, I can win.

I finally spot Maven just standing there observing the fight.

"Bird watching brother, or have you lost sight of your robin." I say with a smirk. He was looking towards the woods where he sent his soldiers, and where his soldiers never came back from. Any Silver would have beaten a Red by now, even if they had no control of their powers.

He looked back at me annoyed. I had sheathed my sword to avoid him knowing I had the upper hand. I was ending this today. I will not let him slip away again. Not after what he did to Mare.

He charges at me with his sword in flames. I quickly unsheathe mine and activate the lightning. He quickly retreats but I don't let him get that far. I tackle him and pin him down. I know that I am stronger, and he knows it too.

"Cal, don't, I'm your brother." He says innocently. But it is too late for that. There would be no pitying this time, no remorse. I stuck the sword right through his heart and watched as his life faded before my eyes.

I felt nothing but joy that it was finally over. All of the silvers turned around and looked at their king. I expected them to charge, but instead they all looked confused.

"I will take over my throne, and let the Reds live in peace, there will be no more separation of bloods." I yell and everyone looks at each other. I scan the plain happy to see there are no real casualties except my brother.

To my surprise, everyone cheers. Even the silvers.

SO I am sad to say that there will be two more chapters to this book. Maybe I'll do a second one but on this plot line I am running out of ideas. Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter though! Please like and vote!