Chapter 8

Maven POV:

I walk back up to see who had watched the most recent program.

"Sir you have a video request." I didn't even bother asking who it was. It was obviously Cal after what he had just seen on TV he wouldn't be able to resist.

I finally get to the room when unsurprisingly Cal's face illuminates the screen in front of me. He looks madder then when he found out that I had killed our father. If he was next to me I'd be on the floor with a sword sticking out of my chest.

I wouldn't admit to anyone that I was scared of my older brother. I was terrified. Any person in their right mind would be. To this day the only person who isn't scared of my brother is Mare but she is locked away, never to be seen again.

"What a nice surprise Cal." I say with a huge grin that only I know is fake. But he takes me by surprise. He smirks at me and I know my shield is gone. He knows I'm afraid, after all he knows me better then anyone else.

"Is it really my brother." He says smiling. He looks like the devil himself but I know that is how my whole kingdom sees me.

"No, I suppose you want Mare back." I say and now my grin is genuine. He looks down and I know I've won.  He can't hurt me because I have the ultimate leverage, his queen.

"I guess I have the red queen don't I?" and I sign off. I have officially won. I walk down to her holding room to boast. I also have to bring her back into her cell because Mare recovers quicker than silvers do. It must be because of the red blood.

When I get back to the room there is no one there. None of the guards saw her leave and there was no other way out, or was there? There was a vent on the ceiling but even I couldn't reach that. She couldn't have used her power because I would have felt it. No doubt. Where is she?

I will try to update again soon. I have a new book so please go and check it out, also plz vote for this chapter and tell me what you think in the comments.

Peace out

        -Dev